Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

POD HD Pro keeps restarting at LINE 6 Logo

wantonne

My POD HD Pro is not able to load as it keeps restarting at the Line 6 logo loading screen. I have tried the 'Update Flash' method (Pressing Down while powering on, then updating the flash memory in Monkey) but Line 6 Monkey gives me an error "Error Opening MIDI Ports" and doesn't allow me to update.

I have also checked the connections (unplugging, replugging the power cable, and tried reinstalling firmware but of course I can't even get to click on the update button because it keeps restarting.

I'm at my wit's end trying to figure out a way to reset this device without plugging it into USB. Is there a way??? I can't find a single solution that worked in the forums. Anyone can help?

9 hours ago, wantonne said:

I'm at my wit's end trying to figure out a way to reset this device without plugging it into USB. Is there a way??? I can't find a single solution that worked in the forums. Anyone can help?

Line 6 Monkey uses USB,  not MIDI, to update the POD HD devices. Make sure you have downloaded and installed the necessary driver. Then try the Update Flash method again while connected via USB.

Have you tried global reset?...Sometimes that will clear a logo boot loop. Might be worth trying another USB port or even a different computer...if you still get the error, it might be bricked.

• Power Up and Nav Pad Right = TEST mode and Safe Mode - used to test button and expression pedal functionality as well as to recalibrate the expression pedal.  You can avoid some flash memory update issues by updating in this mode
  • Power Up and Nav Pad Down = direct access to Flash Memory update mode - good if you need to update your flash memory and cannot access update mode in any other way
  • Power Up and Nav Pad Left = Global Parameters Reset - can get you out of a start-reboot loop if the patch you last used is corrupted because it defaults back to Set List 1 Best of HD 1A Son of Plexi - if you use this with the POD HD500 you will need to recalibrate the expression pedal and rename Set Lists 5-8 back to whatever they were named prior to resetting the Global Parameters