Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Helix Rack freezes after update

adriariswinanda

Hi! My Helix Floor just came in, after starting and noodling with it for a bit I decided to update the firmware (it comes with 1.06.5 firmware) to 3.11, but after it's been updated, it's stuck in the loading screen saying "WIll restore select Factory Settings..." and it has been doing this for almost 2 hours, anyone know how to fix this?

Thank you!

3 minutes ago, adriariswinanda said:

Hi! Thank you for responding, I have tried that but it doesn’t seem to work, it keeps freezing in the loading screen

I guess I’d try reinstalling the firmware then.

I believe you have an offender preset coming from a veeeery old firmware, which is freezing Helix while trying to rebuild it. Maaaany things changed from firmware 1.

Id try to clean up all the old setlist and restore at the boot.

To do so, press FS 10 and 11 while booting. Assuming you have a Helix Floor. (in the title you said rack, then floor in the OP)

• HELIX FLOOR: Erase and restore/reset all factory and user presets: Hold footswitches 10 + 11.
  • HELIX RACK: Erase and restore/reset all factory and user presets: Hold encoders 1 + 3.
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

1 hour ago, PierM said:

I believe you have an offender preset coming from a veeeery old firmware, which is freezing Helix while trying to rebuild it. Maaaany things changed from firmware 1.

To do so, press FS 10 and 11 while booting. Assuming you have a Helix Floor. (in the title you said rack, then floor in the OP)

• HELIX FLOOR: Erase and restore/reset all factory and user presets: Hold footswitches 10 + 11.
  • HELIX RACK: Erase and restore/reset all factory and user presets: Hold encoders 1 + 3.

Hi! Thank you so much for responding.

I see, I’ve dropped my unit to my local service centre, hopefully it’ll be an easy fix. they said they would notify me in 2-3 days.

Oh yeah, it’s a helix rack, I don’t know why I wrote floor there, sorry.

Well, I guess there’s much more to learn about this gear :D

• Upvote 1

• 1 year later...
On 5/21/2021 at 9:50 AM, PierM said:

This is an ancient thread, but I just got a helix in from Sweetwater. It had 3.15.0 on it. I tried doing the update and am experiencing the exact same things.

I severly doubt this is an old preset causing an issue, as the device is brand new. No amount of attempting to reinstall the firmware or any combination of holding buttons while booting has helped. I've also tried going back to 3.15.0, which the during the process of I get a bunch of errors too and then trying to update again, same thing.
I've tried multiple computers, multiple usb ports, multiple usb cables, multiple power cables, multiple power outlets, even a completely different house.
I've uninstalled everything from my computer and reinstalled just the line 6 updater. I've completely reloaded another computer so that it had the basic windows 10 and line 6 updater. Nothing has made any difference.
I've opened a ticket with Line 6, but I'm very near just sending it back to Sweetwater and ordering a headrush prime. this is ridiculous for a $1700 device.

On 4/25/2023 at 5:35 PM, daveinsa said:

This is an ancient thread, but I just got a helix in from Sweetwater. It had 3.15.0 on it. I tried doing the update and am experiencing the exact same things.

I severly doubt this is an old preset causing an issue, as the device is brand new. No amount of attempting to reinstall the firmware or any combination of holding buttons while booting has helped. I've also tried going back to 3.15.0, which the during the process of I get a bunch of errors too and then trying to update again, same thing.
I've tried multiple computers, multiple usb ports, multiple usb cables, multiple power cables, multiple power outlets, even a completely different house.
I've uninstalled everything from my computer and reinstalled just the line 6 updater. I've completely reloaded another computer so that it had the basic windows 10 and line 6 updater. Nothing has made any difference.
I've opened a ticket with Line 6, but I'm very near just sending it back to Sweetwater and ordering a headrush prime. this is ridiculous for a $1700 device.

Ok

• Upvote 1

On 4/25/2023 at 11:35 AM, daveinsa said:

This is highly unusual and may indicate a hardware fault. Have you contacted Sweetwater to request a replacement?