Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

EXP pedal used as a Volumen for Helix control

SteffenA

I have a problem with my Ernie Ball 25K exp pedal. When I assign it to the EXP out 2 on my Helix Control It controls the volumen alright, but it reaches the max volumen (100%) somewhere around halfway, and then it starts turning the volumen back down to 0%, when I have the pedal all the way down. I have mesaugered the ohm on the out of the EXP pedal, and it maks a linear curve from 0 to 25 K ohm, when I turn it up.

Is there anyway to change the mode, to fix this.

Is there any EXP pedals that does not work with the Helix system?

8 hours ago, SteffenA said:

Is there any EXP pedals that does not work with the Helix system?

Hi, again.

Not sure about your Ernie Ball EXP pedal, although I have seen that thing about the volume at 100% at halfway then going back down to zero. There are many threads on here covering various expression pedals for use with Helix units. Some are really expensive and some are much less - for example the M-Audio EX-P Universal Controller Pedal. I have 2 for my Helix floor and they work just fine with the polarity reversed in the Global Settings. I'm studio based so I'm not sure how tough they are one the road, but at the price you can have lots of these for the cost of one Line 6 dedicated Mission pedal.

Links:

https://m-audio.com/products/view/ex-p

Hope this helps/makes sense.

• Upvote 1

Your Helix only works with TS EXP pedals, and 99% of the market is TRS. 

Easy fix, without modding the pedal;

Take a TRS cable, then cut or remove one of the jacks, doesnt matter which. On the side where you removed  the TRS jack, find and isolate the ring wire (we dont need that) with electric tape and keep only Tip and Sleeve wires. Now take a TS jack and solder the Tip wire to Tip jack terminal, and Sleeve wire to Sleeve jack terminal. Done.

Now all you have to do us to plug the TRS side to the pedal, and the TS side to Helix control.

I do have 5 Exp pedals, all TRS, they all works perfect with these cables.

That's what you need;

2-F0-DD740-4-B18-4-E61-AA83-0-C34644-B90C3-C94479-6662-4-C07-A4-BC-DEA3-F29-DDE4

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1