Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

New To Line 6 Spider Amp With Question/Concern

KelalaMusic

Hello Everyone,

I'm new here to this community. After many years, I have decided to play guitar again. I recently purchased a new Fender Telecaster (Modern Player Series), plus a new Spider V MkII 60W amp. 

I like the amp very much. On the clean channel, I was able to select two other affects that I like; tremolo and chorus, and being able to combine then in any fashion along with reverb is a huge plus for me. In other channels, I can't find those two affects. It seems like they are not available. I was searching YouTube for reviews on the Spider 60, and especially the free app "Spider Remote." I thought I would be able to select various amps, cabs, and affects, but when I look at the app's interface, it doesn't resemble what others I've seen using. Is there something wrong with the app I'm using, or is there something else I need to use or add along with it? Apparently here is a software package called Line 6 Firehawk, but does that work with the Spider V series? I would like to be able to chose between the various amps and cabs, and as well the various affects pedals. Any help would be very much appreciated. Thank you very much for your help. 

The amp does not have "channels" like other amps.  What it does have are 32 banks of 4 presets (128 presets total).  The last bank (#32) of 4 is empty.  All of the presets are fully editable and savable.  Every preset has access to all of the amps, cabinets, effects, etc. -- the selection is massive, and is the same for each preset.  On the amp for each preset, you can select between the "Amp" & "FX" buttons to change the functionality of the amp's knobs.  Additionally on the amp, you can use the selector knob under the display to drill down into the millions of available amps, cabinets, effects, effect parameters, and a lot more.  Using the "selector knob" can be slow and tedious, so you have the option of using the "Spider V Remote" app instead which is wayyyyy faster and better than the using only the amp itself.  To make sure you are getting the right thing, first go to the Line 6 "software" page.  On the software page, you need to make THREE selections for "Hardware", "Software", and "OS" at the top of the page -- then press the "Go" button.  For hardware, select "Spider V 60"; for software, select "Spider V Remote", for OS, select as applicable to you.  Make sure your selections are correct.  

Line 6 "software" page  >>>>  Line 6

On 5/21/2021 at 2:32 PM, 01GT said:

The amp does not have "channels" like other amps.  What it does have are 32 banks of 4 presets (128 presets total).  The last bank (#32) of 4 is empty.  All of the presets are fully editable and savable.  Every preset has access to all of the amps, cabinets, effects, etc. -- the selection is massive, and is the same for each preset.  On the amp for each preset, you can select between the "Amp" & "FX" buttons to change the functionality of the amp's knobs.  Additionally on the amp, you can use the selector knob under the display to drill down into the millions of available amps, cabinets, effects, effect parameters, and a lot more.  Using the "selector knob" can be slow and tedious, so you have the option of using the "Spider V Remote" app instead which is wayyyyy faster and better than the using only the amp itself.  To make sure you are getting the right thing, first go to the Line 6 "software" page.  On the software page, you need to make THREE selections for "Hardware", "Software", and "OS" at the top of the page -- then press the "Go" button.  For hardware, select "Spider V 60"; for software, select "Spider V Remote", for OS, select as applicable to you.  Make sure your selections are correct.  

Line 6 "software" page  >>>>  Line 6

Thank you for the reply. Yes, not channels but presets. Wasn't thinking. Thank you for the help. Very much appreciated.