Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Ambient tone presets for a novice???

deckard1

Hello,

Anybody care to share their favorite ambient guitar Helix Native presets for someone who is just getting into it? I usually just play VH type of material (which the new 'Mandarin Rocker' amp nails really well) but have been getting into ambient guitar recently. 

I did find one thread by doing a search on the forum which is excellent. Wondering if there were anymore in addition to this one... 

https://line6.com/support/topic/56311-ambientdrone-patches-for-hx-stomp/?tab=comments#comment-366002

Thanks.

7 hours ago, deckard1 said:

I did find one thread by doing a search on the forum which is excellent. Wondering if there were anymore in addition to this one... 

Hi,

The best place to search is CustomTone, from the menu at the top of this page. Select Helix from the “ALL PRODUCTS” drop down, and then type “Ambient” in the Search field and click the Icon. You should get something like this:

https://line6.com/customtone/search/?submitted=1&family=helix&search_term=Ambient

A word of warning regarding other user’s presets - they may not sound quite like the description given. This is because you will not be listening in the exact same environment with the same monitors, or using the same guitar, strings and technique. It can make a BIG difference.

Hope this helps/makes sense - good luck.

• Upvote 1

+1.

Also, if you look deeper into how others designed their presets, you will learn a lot about how to make your own. Use them as a model, then experiment with your own stuff....

• Upvote 2