Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Pod go Global settings ins and outs

conradmarshall

still on my good tone quest. 

Can someone explain if (and in what way) the in/out settings “main out” and “guitar in pad” affect the tone? 

the past hour i ve been playing with the different global settings “guitar in pad” and “main out level”. The different settings change the tone: to me setting “main out” to line gives a clear sound but harsh when used with distortion. 

Im using an acoustic amp, main out of the pod go into the return of my marshall. This sounds better imho than using the amp out…

is there a difference (soundwise) in just bypassing the cab block and selecting pre cab IR in the settings? 

I just want to understand what the settings above are real meant for. For eg a bike is meant to be used on 2 wheels although you can do cool tricks on 1 wheel. I first want to understand the basic settings so i can fiddle with those. 
thanks! 

266495FC-9BA0-4D90-B1F5-0599BFE72D02.jpeg

On 5/23/2021 at 7:21 PM, conradmarshall said:

still on my good tone quest. 

Can someone explain if (and in what way) the in/out settings “main out” and “guitar in pad” affect the tone? 

the past hour i ve been playing with the different global settings “guitar in pad” and “main out level”. The different settings change the tone: to me setting “main out” to line gives a clear sound but harsh when used with distortion. 

Im using an acoustic amp, main out of the pod go into the return of my marshall. This sounds better imho than using the amp out…

is there a difference (soundwise) in just bypassing the cab block and selecting pre cab IR in the settings? 

I just want to understand what the settings above are real meant for. For eg a bike is meant to be used on 2 wheels although you can do cool tricks on 1 wheel. I first want to understand the basic settings so i can fiddle with those. 
thanks! 

266495FC-9BA0-4D90-B1F5-0599BFE72D02.jpeg

Yes it will do because Line is for powered speakers or out to the main board, not for a guitar amp. Through an amp you should have it set to 'Instrument'. 

• 5 months later...

Hi Guys, I'm kind of late but... following the Amp Out Source logic, should the Cab/IR setup as my last block, shouldn't id? I mean, if I left the cab/IR in another block you will lose something (any block after it) in your amp return. Am I right? Thank you.