Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

FX On/Off status independent of snapshots?

merdenoms74

Not sure whether this is possible but I thought it was worth asking...

In Command Centre I have my snapshots assigned to the bottom row of switches. It would be really handy to have a couple of gain blocks set up, one at -2dB and one at +2dB, which I could engage using switches in the top row if I find myself too loud or too quiet in a song. Is it possible to have these independent of their status in the snapshots? For example, let's say I begin the song on my rhythm snapshot and find the drummer starts getting excited (as they do), so I engage the +2dB gain stomp, is there a way to set it up so that it stays on when I switch to another snapshot? I hope that makes sense!

3 hours ago, merdenoms74 said:

Not sure whether this is possible but I thought it was worth asking...

In Command Centre I have my snapshots assigned to the bottom row of switches. It would be really handy to have a couple of gain blocks set up, one at -2dB and one at +2dB, which I could engage using switches in the top row if I find myself too loud or too quiet in a song. Is it possible to have these independent of their status in the snapshots? For example, let's say I begin the song on my rhythm snapshot and find the drummer starts getting excited (as they do), so I engage the +2dB gain stomp, is there a way to set it up so that it stays on when I switch to another snapshot? I hope that makes sense!

Yes it's possible. It's a very useful feature, but for some reason not properly placed in the manual (it's kind of buried in a general section, away from the snapshot chapter).

All you have to do is to select the gain blocks (or whatever block you don't want to be affected by snapshots memory), then press the Action button, then set Snapshot Bypass to Off. This will just ignore the bypass status of the block, so it will stay as  it is when you change snapshot.

image.png.8527e6be2d0e638f21c80d619418920e.png

• Like 1
  • Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

You can also leave Snapshot Bypass on for a particular block bypass if you run out of stomp switches and want to use a snapshot just to run on an effect. This actually takes two snapshots, one to turn the effect on and another to turn it off. But that’s ok. I use this for my Leslie block as I have already used the 10 stomp switches for other purposes.