Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Rechargeable Battery power? 

WilsonCF

Has anybody had any luck finding and using a battery power supply for PodGo? Most available for pedalboards are underpowered - the PodGo needs 3000mA but these kinds of things usually seem to have a max of around 500mA available. There's actually an article in the latest Premier Guitar magazine (June '21) about converting an 18v cordless power tool battery for use as a pedalboard power supply which could be the answer, but wondering if anyone has already bought or tried something which works?  I'm keen to use battery power if possible to avoid noisy venue power issues and also just because it would be easier to have everything powered within the same pedalboard with no external DC connection.

• Like 1

If you want to protect your gear from noisy venue power, you could consider using an AVR (Automatic Voltage Regulator) between the venue and your rig. A side-effect of putting a transformer on the input power is that ground loops are impossible thru a transformer. Much less trouble than a battery IMO. I use a Tripp Lite LC2400. Inexpensive and does the job.

Thanks spaceatl. It was also for convenience - less cables and adaptors everywhere and a cleaner setup which is good for cramped stages etc. I have a couple of other pedals that I run alongside which need their own separate power supply so one battery based system that could power everything is what I'm hoping for. Ideas anyone? 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Only ones I have found that worked well and were low noise were BoxKing BK05 and BK06 supplies, they have 9V@2A outputs. Also need the correct connector, the Line 6 stuff uses a slightly larger power connector, the specifics escape me at the moment.

The BK05 is about half the watt-hours of the BK06 but should still run it for ~4 hrs based on 1.5A at 9V. I think 7 or 8 for the BK06. I have several of both types. They seem to have become difficult to find lately, though...

https://reverb.com/item/16341438-boxking-bk05-12800mah-pedal-powerbank-rechargeable-portable-pedal-power-supply