Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Volumen starts at 6%

SteffenA

What pedal are we talking? Many exp pedals have a secondary level trim on the side, to set the min level (like BOSS pedals for example). If you have that trim pot, check it's set to minimum (0).

Then, in theory, if you unplug the pedal, move the pedal to minimum, then plug again and move the pedal all up/all down, it should auto calibrate.

Also check the Min value in the Helix volume assignation is set to 0.

• Downvote 1

On 5/28/2021 at 8:37 AM, SteffenA said:

I use an Ernie Ball 25K EXP pedal, and it does not have a calibration knob.

15 hours ago,  milet22 said: 

Did you ever fix this problem? I just go a HX stomp XL and am having the same problem with the 250k Ernie ball. 

Hi,

You might want to check this thread and follow the links - save me from typing it all out again.

Hope this helps/makes sense.

• Upvote 1

I'm using m audio exp-p with my stomp, I had problems with values jumping up and down a little. Since I've removed the cushion pads underneath the pedal (not facing the floor, the ones between the movin part and the pedal) it's 100% consistent. The cushion pads did not let it stay in its 0% position consistently. Don't know if yours has the same but could be worth investigating

3 hours ago, ossianott said:

I'm using m audio exp-p with my stomp, I had problems with values jumping up and down a little.

I have 3 M-Audio EX-P pedals, one on my Arturia KeyLab61 controller keyboard and 2 connected to the Helix Floor on EXP2 and EXP3.

Never had an issue with any of them.

Just make sure the small grey knob on the left hand side is fully rotated anti-clockwise, and the switch underneath is set to "OTHER", then set the Globals for both my external pedals to inverted polarity otherwise they sweep from 100% at the heel and 0% at the toe.

4 hours ago, datacommando said:

I have 3 M-Audio EX-P pedals, one on my Arturia KeyLab61 controller keyboard and 2 connected to the Helix Floor on EXP2 and EXP3.

Never had an issue with any of them.

Just make sure the small grey knob on the left hand side is fully rotated anti-clockwise, and the switch underneath is set to "OTHER", then set the Globals for both my external pedals to inverted polarity otherwise they sweep from 100% at the heel and 0% at the toe.

Those two were already in order, still had problems with fluctuating values when in the 0% position, not sure if I also had in 100% position as it was much more noticeable when in 0% position with the way I am using it. Since removing the pads no issues at all.

Do you also have to disconnect/connect the pedal for it to properly work, if you accidentally touch the grey knob for, when turned fully counter clockwise again? Happens sometimes for me (maybe all the time, not sure)

17 minutes ago, ossianott said:

Do you also have to disconnect/connect the pedal for it to properly work, if you accidentally touch the grey knob for, when turned fully counter clockwise again? Happens sometimes for me (maybe all the time, not sure)

No, I cannot say that I have ever had that happen. As I mentioned in the earlier post, I have never had any issues with all 3 of my pedals. Have you checked for a faulty connection?