Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

IS the POD go Helix Models or Not?

NMON1234

Okay, let me first say, I have plenty of common sense and I could easily infer a conclusion that has high probability of being accurate. Actually, I already do have an assumption that I'm pretty sure is reflective of the fact. But I dont know it to be a fact so I'm only looking for the people who know the facts, i.e. cite me a source or give me directions where I can find the information cause I've look and quite frankly, this is not my area of expertise so I dont know what is marketing BS phrasing to sell an item cause it leads people to believe 2 things are the same when in fact they are not vs statements of factual reference. So the question is, are the fx in the POD go the same exact algorithms and scrip as Helix FX or Not? Either they are or they are not. So if you have to add some bit of information, clarify or say "Yes, But..." Then for my purposes, thats a no. And actually truth be told, all I want is a yes or no. Cause if the answer is they are the same, then thats all I need to know. But if the answer is no, then I will go do the research myself. I dont mind trying to find out the information. but looking for something that possibly doesn't exist would mean a lot of wasted time if they are the same. Unfortunately, no offense to anyone here but the trolls, we all know they exists and the fact I have said I'll continue the research if I'm told no they are not the same means I I have to have a reason from you as to why you would say that just cause I dont trust anyone and I dont wanna waste my time doing research cause some guy, kid i mean, parents hate him. I dont know if they beat him, but they dont love him so he then find joy is infecting the world with negative troll energy! Sorry, everyone pays the price for that. Its like I dont during a storm thinking every bolt of lighting is the one that was suppose to kill me. But I also dont carry a metal umbrella around holding it up so that on homicidal bolt of lighting knows where the easy kill is. Let me just end by saying as heavy handed as this comment is, it is no where close to accurately being a reflection of this community. cause 99% of the people here are awesome dude who are great guitarist, or even better, new guitarists who dont care about how they sound today, they keep practicing cause they know tomorrow they will play something they are proud of. I know thats most people here. But thats all I needed, 2 sentences and 99% of the people get it. Some troll is still not gonna get the fact that I know they are out there, and I'm more than happy to embarrass you. But without this, then when I'm a lollipop in return, doesnt that just make me a troll too? But I've laid out the rules of the game, so I take no issue in treating anyone like a POS if thats how they wanna be treated. Everyone else gets respect and should someone say something profound out side of anything I considered, well, I'll let you know the day that happens. but i do say thank you to people who correct any information that I have got wrong. I could care less about winning arguments, all I want is to leave a conversation with the most accurate information we can figure out together that accurate. This is my first comment in this group, and thats why this is detailed. Cause I'll keep this so people can reference the fact I dont change my tune and should I say anything that conflicts with what I've stated today, I'd expect to be held accountable. So not that I've said what I've had to say, I wont have to say it again and lets get on with business! 

First thing - paragraphs are your friend...

Yes, the models are the same. They are both using the HX models. The only “but” is there fact there are a few models that are not included because of how much DSP they use - the King of Tone, RE-201 Space Echo, the Polyphonic Pitch models, and the Clawthorne Drive bass fuzz, to be exact. The other “but” is that with the 3.10 update, increased oversampling was added to the Helix. So some of the models run at high sampling rates in the Helix compared to the POD Go... So how much of a difference this makes is probably up for debate.

There are also differences in the way mono and stereo effects are handled in the POD Go versus the Helix. The Helix has mono and stereo versions of most effects. The POD Go has mono or stereo versions of all effects depending on what type they are - all drives effects, filters, pitch and dynamic effects are mono. All delays, modulations and reverbs are stereo, basically.

• Like 1

@NMON1234 I think @phil_m nailed it.:aok

I would however gently suggest that if you intend to submit further posts here:

1. As Phil suggested, paragraph breaks make posts much easier to read

2. Try and keep your posts a little briefer and a bit more succinct so it's easier for folk to read and thus to help you. There were large segments of your post that seemed to go off somewhat at a tangent (some might say a 'tirade'!) and deflected from what you wanted to know. This could deter folk from reading it or responding, and thereby you could miss their opportunity to help you.

3. This is a very helpful community with a lot of very knowledgeable folk - so all you need do if you have any queries is ask in a simple and straightforward manner, and folk here will always be pleased to try and do their best to help, just as Phil has done.

Nuff said image.gif.0cc33dac4f2eaa507a0717ae0ecb0535.gifWinking smiley 1

I do really thank you guys for your help and your responses were great. Not being patronizing at all when I say I did consider what you said about paragraph's and structure because you do make a reasonable case for it. I dont even disagree with you at all. Cause going into the future, I may decide to put more effort in, but honestly that's only because you've show to give me effort, and humility and these things were not offered whenever I would try and get answers for the last year I owned a Kemper. And so, I guess if I were to do things over, than I'd still write this comment exactly the same way cause I would have no reason otherwise to believe anymore effort than what I already put in would worth the energy and time consumption. But I try to be as dynamic a thinker as possible and now I do have 2 reasons to considerably thinking about what energy is worth putting in, but also, what energy and I'm leaving in my wake. Its easy to not to care about your own impact on other is everyone comes at you with the attitude of being a lollipop. And I say you or you're or your's all the time, but im not actually talking to you specifically. its a bad habit I'm trying to break but I say you as if speaking to a general audience of everyone reading.  But anyway, I said I'll consider what you said because clearly I haven't applied it to this comment. Which I apologize. But english composition is nothing I'm good at. and frankly I need to be on my pc that has all the extension tools I need to cheat with, like power thesarus and Grammarly. But I figured the only thing worse than another poorly written comment would be the appearance of lacking gratitude or humility and so I chose to write this lollipop comment in order to say thank you all, its been quite the "I wasnt expecting this" moemnt since Sunday cause I wasnt expecting to walk out with another modeler after selling the kemper, I wasnt expeting to prefer the sound of Pod Go, and most certainly wasn't expect rational, well spoken member to be who replied to me. All in all, there has not been one aspect in which Line 6 has been a let down. And just as shocking is how much of a disappointment Kemper actually was, but only for what I trying to do. Im not at all saying its crap. honeslty I dont think any modeler out there is bad, at least in the main stream. but there are different ones that help you get to your destination and others that make it a more difficult struggle. being well informed is the key to picking the right one. and im glad i did my research. Well, that is, glad I did some research once I decided to sell my kemper cause I didnt do any research before buying. Which isnt really shocking since I already said I sold it! haha! :)