Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

HX FX - Tap Tempo Question

I use my HX FX in preset mode generally. I have different tap delay times in each of my presets.

What I used to be able to do at practices was lightly tap on the tap tempo button and dial in a tempo if as a band we needed to change things. I did NOT hit the save button and when changing presets and going back to the original preset the 'new' tempo would still be there.

I have updated the firmware a few times over the year and realised that this feature no longer happens unless I deliberately hit the save button before existing the preset.

I have checked that global settings for tempo are set to 'preset'.

Can I get this feature back? 

2 hours ago, phil_m said:

You need to set the BPM setting under Global Settings to Global in order for it to work like you’re describing.

All that will do is set the tempo to all my other presets to the same tempo, which I don't necessarily want to happen as they are used on different songs....

7 hours ago, 886343 said:

All that will do is set the tempo to all my other presets to the same tempo, which I don't necessarily want to happen as they are used on different songs....

There is no way (and has never been a way) to switch presets and have the tempo retained (on just one preset) without setting that setting to Global. However you are correct... when you do that ALL presets pick up on that tempo. What you are eluding to an is "auto save" function... and that have never existed in the Helix line. (to my knowledge) 

Are you sure you are not talking about retaining tempo when switching "snapshots".... for that you just need to set the global snap setting to "recall" instead of "discard". Then you can change snapshots all you want and the new tempo will be retained..... BUT once you change presets and come back it will load the "saved" tempo once again.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

5 hours ago, 886343 said:

I misunderstood what you were saying then. There’s no way to have the BPM set to “per preset” and have the tempo be remembered after changing it when you leave and come back to a preset without re-saving the preset.