Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

POD XT Live : Wah and Volume minimum expr. pedal position is 60%.

Whether used as a volume or wah mode, the optical sensor on the internal built in expression pedal seems to have a range from 60% to 100%.

The easiest way to see this is to move the pedal while editing a patch, and go to the wah page of the patch and watch the wah position value on screen as you move the pedal.

All the way up to the toe position is 100%. All the way back to the heel the position reads 60%.

Here's the thing, I own two of these and they are both doing this. Is there a trim pot inside the line6 podxt live that can be used to recalibrate the foot sensor?

The external input also appears to be not working, but maybe it's just that m-audio volume/expression pedals are not compatible with the pod xt live.

I have a Pod XT Live (guitar floor board) and Bass Pod XT (looks identical, but has different printed material, and different firmware). 

It would be useful to me to get the volume and wah working 0-100% somehow. No it's NOT the problem of having a minimum volume set above 0%, even with minimum volume set to 0%, yes yes I checked it, the volume pedal won't go below 60% of maximum volume.

I'm thinking this 20+ year old pod xt live has experienced sensor drift/calibration issues.  Ok. After removing all the bottom and side screws and removing the lid the mechanism is a simple metal bar in front of two optical sensors.  Bending the metal tab closer reduces the minimum from 60% to 40% but it's NOT possible to do this without some kind of factory max/min calibration, I think.    Perhaps the surface mount IR LED is not outputing the same intensity of light it once had.

THERE ARE NO TRIM POTS on here, and I am not sure where the system recalibration menus were hidden in this dealy.

There is a way to calibrate the wah pedal. 

Power off

Put the pedal to the toe position

Hold down BANK UP and switch the power on and wait a few seconds

Press the AMP button

Put the pedal to the heel position then all the way forward until the WAH light turns on

Wait 10 seconds and power off and back on.

That should give you the full range.