Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Versatile Pod Go patches - a range of tones from a single patch

voxman55

As we all know, snap shot naming is not something that Pod Go yet has though hopefully Line 6 will be adding this in a future update.  But one of the great things about Pod Go is that you can create a whole range of different tones from a single patch, and use snap-shots to switch seamlessly between them, as well as using the stomp mode to switch fx on/off.

It's an immensely powerful piece of kit, and for fun a few months back I was playing around with the idea of a single patch that might cover a whole gig.  I posted the patch on line 6 Custom Tone here: https://line6.com/customtone/tone/5101684/

I recorded variations from the same patch with a single guitar - my Patrick Eggle Berlin Pro that has humbucker and single coil options.  The idea was to have a single patch where I could go from one extreme to another - from funk & jazz cleans,  to glassy cleans (ala 'Pretenders') to light crunch (ala Wishbone Ash) right up to classic rock (ala Led Zeppelin and even Rush type tones).  

So I was wondering if anyone else had experimented with the same thing and if so I thought that just to make a change from the usual Pod Go queries it might be interesting to start a thread where folk could perhaps share their gig versatile patches with sound bites too.  

So, if you got 'em, please do share 'em! :rockin:dude

• Thanks 2
  • Upvote 1

Doesn't seem like your link actually goes to your patch. I'd like to try it tho. 

https://line6.com/customtone/tone/5454075/

This is v4 of my BB King patch. It's meant to be used with my semi hollowbody and have an eq setup to approximate Lucille's variac switch in position 2 (which is apparently what BB used). Snapshot 1 starts of clean with a bit of breakup and each one gets progressively more gain and really doesn't sound very BB King by #3 I'd say. But it works for a wide variety of blues guitar sounds on my hollowbody guitar. 

• Thanks 1

Nice demo of what it's possible to do with snapshots!   Crazy the range with just 1 preset, way more than you'd normally need for a song!

A bit weird to have to work around the small gap between switching presets, but yeah when snapshots are used creatively, it's impressive the range of sounds/tones you can achieve.  Always compromises and workarounds lol    But yeah also in one sense, we're talking changing 50 different settings with 1 button press, something you never would be able to do with a real pedal board.  (ok ok with MIDI controller you could, but just the controller likely costs the same as the Go lol)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Nice man!! thanks!

I try this concept with a jazz chorus (realy clean) and add dist pedals (ts 808 + classic dist)  before the amp for gain levels. the clean works great with some modulation effect (chorus)

the classic dist really can get heavy!