Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

The Input Impedance is sooo powerful!!

hideout

So I’m fiddling with the Helix in the editor. Trying to get a lead sound for my Agile LP on one of my patches that I just wasn’t happy with. I managed to copy a patch that I do like - one block at a time to the patch in question. Before you ask, it’s a dual path preset for an acoustic sound on one path and an overdriven lead sound on the other and I switch between the two via snapshots.  So I couldn’t just copy the preset over to that one. Not sure but I don’t think we can copy a path from one preset to another, which would be super handy. Anyway, In switching between the two paths, the lead sound was still not quite suitable. It was too aggressive sounding. Then I remembered! Play with the input impedance, you idiot!! I can’t tell you how many times that this one parameter has saved a preset I was ready to scrap. Hope you find this useful. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Schmalle said:

Use 136kOhm to emulate plugging into input 2 (or low input) of a Fender style input stage.

Well, I'm not trying to emulate anything in particular. I'm just trying to get my guitars to sound and feel the way I like them to.

10 minutes ago, hideout said:

Well, I'm not trying to emulate anything in particular. I'm just trying to get my guitars to sound and feel the way I like them to.

I was just connecting the dots: there have been generations of guitar players who made the same experience you did, just with different technology. You are in the lucky position of being offered the whole palette of tones at your fingertips.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Schmalle said:

I was just connecting the dots: there have been generations of guitar players who made the same experience you did, just with different technology. You are in the lucky position of being offered the whole palette of tones at your fingertips.

Agreed. We Helix users all are.