Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

HELIX LOOPER ON INDEPENDENT CHANNEL

gvalansi

HI!
 I have a Helix LT and I would like to have a chain that has the possibility of having the sound of the looper in an independent channel 
(for example, keep my guitar sound in stereo, and send the sound of the looper through a third channel to the sound system). 
How can I achieve this? 
Thx!

Put your Looper at the end of your chain. Pull it down (along with the MIXER Block) to create a Path B. Set the Path B Output to a SEND. Take the send to your separate channel.

Replace the Split with an A/B Split set to an EVEN Split.

Replace the Split with an A/B Split. Assign a FS to the "Route To" parameter. Set MIN to 100% Path A and MAX to EVEN Split.

When you're recording a Loop/Overdub press the "Route To" FS. That will evenly split the signal, allowing you to record.

When you want to play over the Loop (without recording), turn that FS OFF. That will route your live playing to the Main Out, while the Looper plays separately through the SEND.

NEW Example preset attached.

Test Looper Rout.hlx

• Upvote 1

19 hours ago, rd2rk said:

Pon tu Looper al final de tu cadena. Tírelo hacia abajo (junto con el bloque MIXER) para crear una ruta B. Establezca la salida de la ruta B en ENVIAR. Lleva el envío a tu canal separado.

Reemplace el Split con un Split A / B ajustado a un Split PAR.

Ejemplo de preajuste adjunto.

Prueba Looper Rout.hlx 9.18 kB · 2 descargas

Hello. I Follow your instructions. And now the lead guitar signal comes out alone through a stereo channel and the looper (rhythm) through a third channel (Send). 
But through the SEND channel the loop signal (rhythm ) comes out along with the lead guitar signal. 
Question: is there any way to get the looper (rhythm guitar) sound to come out on a totally separate channel from the lead guitar sound? 
Thx again.

20 minutes ago, gvalansi said:

Hello. I Follow your instructions. And now the lead guitar signal comes out alone through a stereo channel and the looper (rhythm) through a third channel (Send). 
But through the SEND channel the loop signal (rhythm ) comes out along with the lead guitar signal. 
Question: is there any way to get the looper (rhythm guitar) sound to come out on a totally separate channel from the lead guitar sound? 
Thx again.

Sorry, I left out a step and sent an earlier version. I've edited that post and attached the correct version of the example preset.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, gvalansi said:

Thx again.

Yes, multiple solutions are possible. Could you be a bit more specific: When you play rhythm do you want to hear the signal through L/R or Send?

2 hours ago, Schmalle said:

Sí, son posibles múltiples soluciones. ¿Podría ser un poco más específico: cuando toca el ritmo, desea escuchar la señal a través de L / R o Send?

Yes. I want to listen only the rhythm part alone through Send, and the lead through L/R. Can you tell me another solution?

Hi rd2rk !

My only problem with the method you propose is that there is a noticeable drop in volume on the lead guitar when you step on the footswitch
 enabling the loop channel. 
Is there a way to avoid this and keep the volumes even as before?

Thx!

55 minutes ago, gvalansi said:

Thank you for your reply. 
Yes. i did (have a loock at the manual), and couldn't find the answer to my problem.
Thanks again.

I wasn't referring to finding an answer tailored specifically to your situation, I meant reading the manual in general so that you can figure out these things for yourself. You know, the old proverb:

"give a man a fish and you feed him for a day; teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime"

Anyway, glad you've got it working.

• Upvote 1

Thanks for the advice. 
Surely many of the questions that are asked in this forum could be found by deeply reading the instruction manual. 
But for this there are the forums, I suppose, to find shortcuts, and to be able to go directly to the point.
Again, thanks for your reply. It has helped me solve my problem.