Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Amp out POD GO

Spindal72

Hey everyone, 

I understand that I should use AMP OUT to go direct to my guitar amp, but I can't understand why this is placed after the AMP sim in the chain and not before it? I can of course just turn off the block but I feel like I'm missing something... ?? Those using AMP OUT do you use the POWER AMP or PRE AMP or just turn the block off?? Thanks in advance =)

depends on what you are trying to do...I use the AMP out to feed an FRFR monitor....I use it in PRE/IR Mode when I use a conventional guitar amp instead...But I am just hitting the power amp input, so I am always using the amp block....Not sure what you are doing but it seems like you are alluding to 4CM.

Hi Spaceatl,

Hope you can help me as well. I have a Tech 21 Trademark 60 amp and just recently got Pod Go. I have connected the Pod Go from the Left Main Out to the Effects Return on the Amp hoping that it will be like using an FRFR speaker as I would like use POD GO amp and cab modelling. I tried to compare this with sound when I turn off Cab/IR but hard to tell difference.

Alternatively, is what I want to do not possible when using a combo amp and should I just be using the Pod Go amp connection and using Pod Go for effects only?

I find this bizarre as well. 

My solution is to use the effects send/receive block just before the amp block. I enable send/receive and remove the stomp switch (so I can't accidently turn it off) in all my presets

I use a MFM Y cable in the effects send/receive jacks to tap signal off to send to my amp and also send signal back into the go to be processed by the amp and speaker sims to feed to FOH.

Ok Thanks! I’ve seen a few people on YouTube requesting this function too. To my Way of thinking if you have an amp you like the sound of and want that on stage why would you use the pre or power amp modeling? It’s just doubling up which causes issues as you want this to be the tone for front of house but the pre or power amp selection might not compliment your amp on stage... 

Seems like it could be a simple fix to have the option to use the AMP OUT pre the amp modeling so the amp modeling (and speaker) could be used solely for front of house sound? @Digital_Igloo could this be a possibility for POD GO in the future? I’m guessing that most folks using the POD GO with an amp on stage like the way their amp sounds and want the modeling for FOH. 

The AMP out options do seem to be the wrong things. You'd think there'd be a global option to make the AMP out tap the signal before the amp simulation block. In fact, that should probably be the default.

I guess there are three possibilities:

1. It was overlooked by the programmers. If this were the case, I think it would have been fixed by now.

2. It was an error in the circuit design. If that's the case, it can't be fixed in existing models.

3. This is an intentional misfeature put in place to keep the go from becoming too much of  a threat to the Helix business.