Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Setlist swaps?

MrNoisy

If i have 4 or 5 setlists with about 120 presets in each and want to swap the order of the setlists but keep the presets within each one, can i simply swap the setlist (eg user 4<->3 etc). [I have tried but can't find a way yet to do this.]
Or do the whole setlists have to be exported and then imported back in the new order?
Thanks.

Setlist/preset management is one of the areas on HX devices that could use improvement. Hopefully a firmware update and/or enhancements to the librarian functionality in HX Edit at some point will address this.  We need a setlist "meta" layer with pointers to presets rather than having to import/load every preset to a physical location coupled with enhancements to the interface to make swapping things around easier.

• Upvote 2

I recently had an epiphany of sorts using the Stomp mode Command Center....  While it doesnt directly answer your question....its worth mentioning and maybe you can frankenstein it into something that works for you.

I have a Master library (setlist) of presets that are designed specifically for a song (about 90 of them).  I usually will export the Song preset files, and then import the ones I need into a new setlist as was described above.  How does this correlate with the Command Center?  Well, I play in Stomp Mode.  This allows me to customize what I see at my feet on those song layouts.  No extra buttons lit, no extra scribble strips filled with letters ...I see the Snapshots I need for the song, a preset up/down buttons and maybe a special momentary lead button switch.  Its very efficient.

However....if we rearrange the setlist, I now have to reimport the songs into a new list, or drag and drop the order of the presets so they are in order.  

It dawned on me...late one night after about 4 Sam Adams, hehe, that when I program my Preset Up/Preset Down buttons in the command center.  Instead of just doing a Prev/Next preset option, I could have it specifically recall a certain preset.  So instead of taking two buttons up with up/down, i would use 1 button labeled as whatever the next preset name was.  

If we ever changed setlists, I would just to my songs in order and make sure the command center was reprogrammed that the Preset Next was actually linked to the next preset in the setlist.

I thought this was a cool concept and a different way.  The drawback of course is that if we pull something on the fly, I'd need to exit stomp mode and potentially search for that song, which then wouldnt be linked to the next song in the setlist when we fall back into place.   

Just a thought...

• Upvote 2

On 6/4/2021 at 2:49 AM, HonestOpinion said:

Setlist/preset management is one of the areas on HX devices that could use improvement. Hopefully a firmware update and/or enhancements to the librarian functionality in HX Edit at some point will address this.  We need a setlist "meta" layer with pointers to presets rather than having to import/load every preset to a physical location coupled with enhancements to the interface to make swapping things around easier.

Totally agree. Thanks for input

On 6/3/2021 at 6:03 PM, themetallikid said:

I recently had an epiphany of sorts using the Stomp mode Command Center....  While it doesnt directly answer your question....its worth mentioning and maybe you can frankenstein it into something that works for you.

I have a Master library (setlist) of presets that are designed specifically for a song (about 90 of them).  I usually will export the Song preset files, and then import the ones I need into a new setlist as was described above.  How does this correlate with the Command Center?  Well, I play in Stomp Mode.  This allows me to customize what I see at my feet on those song layouts.  No extra buttons lit, no extra scribble strips filled with letters ...I see the Snapshots I need for the song, a preset up/down buttons and maybe a special momentary lead button switch.  Its very efficient.

However....if we rearrange the setlist, I now have to reimport the songs into a new list, or drag and drop the order of the presets so they are in order.  

It dawned on me...late one night after about 4 Sam Adams, hehe, that when I program my Preset Up/Preset Down buttons in the command center.  Instead of just doing a Prev/Next preset option, I could have it specifically recall a certain preset.  So instead of taking two buttons up with up/down, i would use 1 button labeled as whatever the next preset name was.  

If we ever changed setlists, I would just to my songs in order and make sure the command center was reprogrammed that the Preset Next was actually linked to the next preset in the setlist.

I thought this was a cool concept and a different way.  The drawback of course is that if we pull something on the fly, I'd need to exit stomp mode and potentially search for that song, which then wouldnt be linked to the next song in the setlist when we fall back into place.   

Just a thought...

The Metal-i-Kid ... great to know I am not alone. 

I have been doing this for a few and find it a lot easier as long as the lead vocalist doesn't forget the list order.  I have a FX ID next to the song which lets me reuse certain presets that multiple snapshots may allow for use in more than one song.  And that way I can keep up with the vocalist's re-list from time to time.

Of course I still have adjust my setlist FS per setlist from time to time.

Just Plain Dennis

On 6/4/2021 at 10:03 AM, themetallikid said:

What is S Adams?

Just a thought...

On 6/6/2021 at 11:17 AM, medbad5150 said:

still dont get why setlist management was easier and superior on HD500 from ten year

s ago

Interesting, my sense is its pretty much the same and thought I'd just got used to the paradigm and sorted my workflows (after many stuff-ups with my HD500x).

@themetallikid I love the idea of a meta layer for performances so a library could be built and managed and then each performance set list being independent. If you could build the setlists offline even better. My compromise solution now is to change to the right patch using BT midi from an android device into the yamaha BT midi thingo using BandHelper (useful as I sing as well and my memory for lyrics can result in some very interesting versions).