Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Zoom 8080 preset

trolley

So, many years ago I recorde a song (badly) which I 'd like to revisit.

The Zoom 8080 had a preset called esreveR - a backwards swell patch. I've looked at the threads on Slow Gear & got some ideas (thanks) - but has anyone got anything else?.

I wrote down the settings that I used for the various parameters - so hopefully I can get close

I have no idea what that patch sounds like... but I suspect it's a reverse delay and/or reverb which is different than a slow gear. 

The Helix has a reverse delay but not a reverse reverb... that I am aware of. 

The other option is the technique used by pedal steel players. Get really good at using the expression (volume) pedal and give your preset a ton of headroom :) 

Just now, codamedia said:

I have no idea what that patch sounds like... but I suspect it's a reverse delay and/or reverb which is different than a slow gear. 

The Helix has a reverse delay but not a reverse reverb... that I am aware of. 

The other option is the technique used by pedal steel players. Get really good at using the expression (volume) pedal and give your preset a ton of headroom :) 

Not for whole song!

It's basically an octaver, slow attack, chorus & echo.

Spyr_-bit.wav

14 minutes ago, trolley said:

It's basically an octaver, slow attack, chorus & echo.

That's a fast attack than I was expecting....  That's certainly a "slow gear" type effect which isn't included with the Helix. 

The Filter > Legacy should include something called a "slow filter". Start there and try adding the chorus, delay and reverb.