Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Stability problems with Pod Go Edit v1.22 - NOW SOLVED!

voxman55

Hi guys, I'm on Windows 7 (64 bit) and whilst v1.21 Pod Go Edit was a tad flakey and would disconnect sometimes, since the upgrade to v1.22 Pod Go Edit I'm finding that's it's massively unstable, temperamental to load and will disconnect regularly.  No problems with Pod Go v1.22. 

Is anyone else having similar problems or know why this might be happening?

I have Windows 10 64 Bit 21H1 and had to install Pod Go Edit 1.22 twice.

The first time Edit could not find my Pod Go (no devicve found).

So I installed Edit 1.22 again and then it worked.

Since then I was able to install Pod Go 1.22.

If you ask for the reasons: no idea. Unfortunately.

Versions 1.10 and 1.21 worked without any installation problems.

Maybe it has to do with the programming of the drivers.

All of my other non-L6-apps work without any problems with 21H1.

5 hours ago, olerabbit said:

I have Windows 10 64 Bit 21H1 and had to install Pod Go Edit 1.22 twice.

The first time Edit could not find my Pod Go (no devicve found).

So I installed Edit 1.22 again and then it worked.

Since then I was able to install Pod Go 1.22.

If you ask for the reasons: no idea. Unfortunately.

Versions 1.10 and 1.21 worked without any installation problems.

Maybe it has to do with the programming of the drivers.

All of my other non-L6-apps work without any problems with 21H1.

Might be a silly question but how do I reinstall; do I have to remove PG Edit v1.22 first?

There are no silly questions, as you know! I just started the installer twice and it worked.

If it didn’t, I would have deinstalled the first 1.22 installation and tried to install Edit 1.22.

If this would not work I would have deinstalled Pod Edit completely and tried to install Edit 1.22.

If this would not work I would have deinstalled Pod Edit completely again and tried to install Edit 1.21.

5 hours ago, ElPuni said:

Regarding disconnections it´s a known issue in all PG Edit versions I guess, it also happens to me. They say using a powered usb hub fixes it.

I'm going straight through the PCs USB inputs, so mains powered by definition.  

9 minutes ago, voxman55 said:

Have you tried all USB ports on your PC? Sometimes there are internal hubs, especially behind the front panel USB ports. The rear panel ports tend to have no internal hubs.

2 hours ago, voxman55 said:

I also do and it keeps disconnecting from time to time, take into account there are different USB ports. I still couldn´t try with a powered hub but they say it works better for this.

Update:  Line 6 told me to re-install.... but I didn't bother. The problem was that the PG Edit doesn't like the front USB ports on my PC. I have a 4-Hub (un-powered) plugged into a USB at the back of my computer, so plugged into that....and works flawlessly! Voxy is a happy bunny again!  :dude

On 6/11/2021 at 5:25 AM, statrixbob said:

Just bought a powered hub to use with my iMac and...no luck, disconnects even quicker.

I'd suggest the following, but not via the powered hub:

1. uninstalling and reinstalling Pod Go Edit because that's the first thing Line 6 Support will tell you to do. If that doesn't fix the problem then the next thing they'd tell you to do is

2. Create a full back-up, set Pod Go back to factory by pressing foots-witches C&D as you start up Pod Go, then re-install your back up. 

3. If the above doesn't solve the issue, raise a Line 6 support ticket to tell them about the problem, but be sure to tell them that you tried a powered hub AND that you've already reinstalled Pod Go Edit AND reset back to factory, and attach a copy of the back up you created so they can test it.  

However, if you have access to a PC, also try installing Pod Go Edit on that and see if it works properly. 

You can check the port color:

Black or white Ports and plugs Type-A or type-B
  Blue (Pantone 300C) Ports and plugs Type-A or type-B, SuperSpeed
  Teal blue Ports and plugs Type-A or type-B, SuperSpeed+
  Green Ports and plugs Type-A or type-B, Qualcomm Quick Charge[9]
  Purple Plugs only Type-A or USB-C, Huawei SuperCharge
    Yellow or red Ports only High-current or sleep-and-charge

7 hours ago, Bahnzo said:

Just curious: do you know what USB type you have on the front vs the hub/back? I know my PC has 2.0 on the front and 3.0 on the back. I wonder if that makes a difference. 

I have only v2.0 USB front and back. As @silverhead mentioned, sometimes front ports are hubbed behind the panel whereas rear ports aren't. Hence why I think rear USB worked for me.