Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

New Spider V 120, Loss of Clarity/Distortion.

mickeysheehan

Hello all. I’ll try my best to explain this, I’ve only been playing a bit over a year so my terminology is sub par.

I bought this amp for $400+ effing dollars and within 2 months of owning it, I go to practice and I notice my sound is now very fuzzy and bassy. It was VERY crunchy, clear and metal sounding, but now it is so fuzzy that I can barely distinguish my notes when fast picking or fingering......sounds like total crap TBH. I have never moved the amp since I brought it home. No liquids, physical damage, weather damage or anything.

Curious what I can try to fix this? I’m somewhat tech savvy, and would really rather avoid paying more to get it fixed when I can barely afford the $400 amp itself. I’ve gone through all the settings, factory reset it, but nothing. It will randomly work for a minute or two out of nowhere, but will go back to sounding awful soon.

Adjusting the Input jack has no effect to the sound.

One thing I noticed, is when this happened, the built in tuner stopped reading my input..... would act as if I was unplugged.

The tuner has since started working again, but the speaker itself (or the software, not a clue...) still sounds very Fuzzy with low distortion, low clarity, and very bassy.

Did you buy the amp new? If you did, and it’s only two months old, any sort of hardware issue should be covered under warranty. I’d recommend opening a support ticket here to contact Line 6 customer service.