Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Celestion F12-X200 Speaker

dacop13

Do any of you guys use the Celestion F12-X200 speaker with your Helix? I threw it into a Mesa 1x12 cab this evening, using the Orange Pedal Baby for power. I was surprised on how dam great it sounded. Just wondering if anyone else user them.  

Its very impressive. I have been using the Headrush 108 powered speaker for a while but never played a gig with it, so I never used the Helix live. Now I am excited to try the X200 speaker in the 1x12 cabinet and use the Helix live. Great thing about it is because its an FRFR I get to use the full amps and Cabs/IRs. 

I have looked at so many of the FRFR solutions. It's difficult to compare them because of the cost differentials. That F12-X200 setup is $700+ and you already own the Mesa cabinet. Did you buy the pedal baby just for that setup or did you already have it?

Its a 1x12 Mesa Cab that had a V30 in it. I removed it and installed the F12-200. I already had the Orange Pedal Baby and have used that with the Helix with various real cabinets, Helix AMPs and PREAMPs (no Cab/IR options). Using the F12-200 FRFR enables me to use Helix Cab/IRs. 

3 hours ago, dacop13 said:

Its a 1x12 Mesa Cab that had a V30 in it. I removed it and installed the F12-200. I already had the Orange Pedal Baby and have used that with the Helix with various real cabinets, Helix AMPs and PREAMPs (no Cab/IR options). Using the F12-200 FRFR enables me to use Helix Cab/IRs. 

Sounds like a great solution! I really like the F12-200 speakers. All the physics surrounding cabinet dimensions, sealed vs. open back, ported or not ported, air displacement, construction material(wood, particle board, plastic) and how they need to be precisely matched with the right speaker at the correct number of ohms, although possessing some truth, can drive you batty. Sometimes its as simple as slapping the speaker you prefer into an available cabinet and it's off to the races :-)

I've got 4 of them in a half cab.  Overkill?   Absolutely!  but they sound great and I can use any IR that I want to dial in a sound that I prefer.  Currently I'm using an OwnHammer V30 IR. I play hardrock and metal.  Everyone in my band likes the sound.  No complaints.