Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

The Verve "Lucky Man" - Preset

MarkB2908

Hi there,

Has anyone come close to creating a preset that matches the guitar sound from The Verve's song "Lucky Man".

I've tried and tried but just can't seem to get the delay right. i.e delay type, delay time, repeats and how long for etc

Any help would be really appreciated.

Thanks

Mark

On 6/8/2021 at 12:19 PM, SurfSound said:

If I remember was it an acoustic guitar with a strat playing the riff around an open D chord and volume swells, I will have a listen to the song later after work 

Yes spot on. Acoustic for the main strum and then an Electric for the riff with delay.

Its the delay settings that I've struggled with (the timing plus i think there is a very precise amount of fade out).

If i can crack the delay im going to have a go at creating 2 snapshots. 1st snapshot will be an acoustic with a looper, and the 2nd snapshot will be an electric with delay (and volume boost).

any help man would be ace (especially with the delay)

• Like 1

OK..  I remember playing it in a band in the 90s using a marshall valvestate and a very cheap Rockteck DD. I the that the delay was just on slightly to give 4 seconds of delay. I also played  D string on 5th fret  sliding up to 9th fret then  E minor pentatonic on 12th fret. Make use of the volume swells and you'll pull it off. Are you playing it live?

thanks buddy. yes am playing it live but with 1 guitar only. I was gonna set the acoustic going on a loop then switch snapshots onto the electric with riff+delay.

I'm not sure if I can pull it off though so may need to rethink. The main riff with delay is a proper 'hook' in the song so need to nail that down as a bare minimum.

thanks again.

• Like 1