Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

I would like to get the default names of the presets back

paulgloor

I just purchased an HX Stomp.  It came with many factory supplied presets (good stuff to get started with).  I used the line 6 updater to update the software, but I did not back up before updating (novice move).  Now I still have all the factory supplied presets, but the names are all replaced with "new preset 1, new preset 2...) so I do not know what is what anymore.  Is there a way to get the factory supplied presets back (or a list of the preset names in order that I could edit using hx editor)? 

If you know the firmware version that was installed in the HX Stomp you purchased, simply download that Flash Memory Firmware version from the Line 6 website directly to your hard drive, and install it to your HX Stomp. Use the Line 6 Updater. The latest version 1.23 was just released June 1. The Line 6 Updater will make this process easy. If you do not know the firmware version your HX Stomp had, simply download the last several versions. Then perform the firmware updates in chronological order to discover the Presets you are looking for. Also bear in mind that Line 6 revises and changes the Factory Presets with each firmware release. 

Just be sure that if you do proceed though several successive firmware version installations, be sure to perform a backup of the Presets as you progress from one firmware installation to the next. This will provide you with a comprehensive set of the Factory Presets from all the firmware versions you backup. 

When you are done, be sure to update your HX Stomp Firmware version to the latest version 3.11.

Typically the easiest method to update the HX Stomp is to use HX Edit. However, recent HX Edit versions are more adept at updating the device's firmware moving forward, so you may find that if you already have HX Edit 3.11 installed, it may not prompt you with the ability to install predecessor firmware versions. This is why I suggested Line 6 Updater. 

Once you're all done, be sure to follow the instructions to rebuild all of your installed or restored Presets, including any which you may Restore from older firmware backups. Doing a Power On HX Stomp Preset Rebuild will assure that any of the Presets are rebuilt to be compatible with the latest version 3.11 Firmware.

See HelixHelp.com for Power On Preset Rebuild button combinations. 

Hope all of this helps and you get the Presets you're looking for. 

10 hours ago, paulgloor said:

Now I still have all the factory supplied presets, but the names are all replaced with "new preset 1, new preset 2...) so I do not know what is what anymore.

Hi,

That sort of thing usually indicates a glitch in the update installation, possibly failing to reset and or rebuild preset after the update. The firmware doesn’t load the new factory presets by default - you have the option to load them.

This is from the. Release Notes on v.3.1.1

Anything else I should know?

Yes. We STRONGLY recommend performing a factory reset AFTER UPDATING your Helix/HX firmware to 3.11 and THEN RESTORING YOUR BACKUP. (Backing up is part of the update process). Here's how to perform a factory reset. IMPORTANT: MAKE SURE YOU HAVE A BACKUP FIRST, AS A FACTORY RESET WILL ERASE ALL YOUR WORK!

• Helix Floor/LT: While holding footswitches 9 & 10 (bottom row, 2 middle switches), turn on Helix Floor/LT
  • Helix Rack: While holding knobs 5 & 6 (2 furthest right knobs below the screen), turn on Helix Rack
  • HX Effects: While holding footswitches 6 & TAP (2 farthest right switches on the bottom row), turn on HX Effects
  • HX Stomp: While holding footswitches 2 & 3, turn on HX Stomp
  • HX Stomp XL: While holding footswitches C & D, turn on HX Stomp

This is from v.3.0 regarding resetting Factory Presets.

METHOD ONE: Resetting Factory Presets

WARNING! Restoring factory presets will completely overwrite your own, so make sure they're backed up first!

1. Make sure you've backed up your presets and turn off Helix/HX.
  2. Perform the following procedure:
    • Helix Floor/LT: While holding footswitches 7 and 8 (two leftmost switches on the bottom row), turn on Helix Floor/LT. Wait for "Will restore stock Presets and Setlsts..." to appear and let go
    • Helix Rack/Control: While holding knobs 3 and 4 (two middle knobs below the screen), turn on Helix Rack. Wait for "Will restore stock Presets and Setlsts..." to appear and let go
    • Helix Native: Click the gear icon in the lower left corner, select the Presets/IRs tab, and click "Restore Factory Setlists"
    • HX Effects: While holding footswitches 5 and 6 (two middle switches on the bottom row), turn on HX Effects. Wait for "Will reset Presets..." to appear and let go
    • HX Stomp: While holding footswitches 1 and 2, turn on HX Effects. Wait for "Will reset Presets..." to appear and let go

Forum user “Malhavok” (Ben Vesco) has been keeping a record of every change to the factory presets, from version 1.06.5 right up to 2.80. Find the info here - some are also available able as downloads.

http://benvesco.com/store/line-6-helix/

Hope this helps/makes sense.

• Upvote 1