Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Ringing bell in Room reverb

sebabetto

8 hours ago, sebabetto said:

Hi! I appeal to your experience once again. 

when i'm using headphones I hear an annoying high pitch bell, mostly using distortion, in the ROOM Reverb block. anyone can hear it?

Thanks!

What is your signal chain and where do you have reverb in your chain?

It should either be at the end of your chain after your amp, cab and any delay, or alternatively for a spring reverb, this can also sound good between the amp and cab. 

Check that your room reverb doesn't have decay set too high; the stock setting might be too high here and may need turning down. 

• Like 1

I have not checked this particular verb as I hardly ever use it for my own stuff...However, digital reverbs generally can be prone to oscillate harmonics that couple in the the form of overtones...distortion is the place to start...More saturation adds more harmonic content...if it couples, the reverb can start resonating those...As voxman55 alluded to, the more radical things are set, the more likely this can happen with a reverb....Without hearing what your are talking about and no information on your particular patch, it's hard to guess, but your description sounds like oscillations from a verb being a bit too long...

• Like 1