Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

30kb attachment size ???

MrNoisy

I want to attach a videofile but as shown in the attached screenshot there is a limit of just 0.03MB for file attachments!!

Is this a website software glitch? 0.03 MB = 30 kilobytes!!! 

Not even sure that's enough to attach the jpeg until i try it - here goes ... 

image.png.28928d4c86424e3b5eaa3d86d12821bd.png

9 hours ago, MrNoisy said:

I want to attach a videofile but as shown in the attached screenshot there is a limit of just 0.03MB for file attachments!!

Is this a website software glitch? 0.03 MB = 30 kilobytes!!! 

Not even sure that's enough to attach the jpeg until i try it - here goes ... 

image.png.28928d4c86424e3b5eaa3d86d12821bd.png

Oh, dear - here we go again - yet another misunderstanding of how things work.

The file attachment limit for forum users is just under 5MB (4.88MB). Every upload that you make will reduce that allocation, until you delete something to reclaim the space.

Click on your avatar in the top right hand corner of the page and from the drop down menu select “My Attachments”. This will take you to the page where you can manage your stuff. You know, all those videos and screen shots you have uploaded in the last couple of weeks since arriving here. In fact the screen shot that you attached to this latest post has more than likely swallowed that last 0.03MB, that you thought you had left. Oops!

Tip:

As noted by “rvroberts” in the post above.

It’s usually wiser to post a link to an external video/photo hosting service.

Hope this helps/makes sense.

Edited by datacommando
Typo

7 hours ago, rvroberts said:

This is very typical for this type of forum.

What most people do is upload to YouTube - you can leave it only visible for people with the link - then you just link that.

Simple!

ok thanks man

On 6/10/2021 at 9:03 PM, datacommando said:

Oh, dear - here we go again - yet another misunderstanding of how things work.

The file attachment limit for forum users is just under 5MB (4.88MB). Every upload that you make will reduce that allocation, until you delete something to reclaim the space.

Click on your avatar in the top right hand corner of the page and from the drop down menu select “My Attachments”. This will take you to the page where you can manage your stuff. You know, all those videos and screen shots you have uploaded in the last couple of weeks since arriving here. In fact the screen shot that you attached to this latest post has more than likely swallowed that last 0.03MB, that you thought you had left. Oops!

Tip:

As noted by “rvroberts” in the post above.

It’s usually wiser to post a link to an external video/photo hosting service.

Hope this helps/makes sense.

"Yet another misunderstanding of how things work?">> Excuse me lollipop - what the lollipop kind of attitude is that to a new user on your lollipoping platform? - some of you in this forum have absolutely no idea how to communicate with the public and you're racking up a nice record here of insults to new members - all of which i have screenshotted and will soon be posting on Line 6's soshmed - way to go - keep it rolling. lol 

image.png

On 6/11/2021 at 5:33 PM, MrNoisy said:

"Yet another misunderstanding of how things work?">> Excuse me lollipop - what the lollipop kind of attitude is that to a new user on your lollipoping platform? - some of you in this forum have absolutely no idea how to communicate with the public and you're racking up a nice record here of insults to new members - all of which i have screenshotted and will soon be posting on Line 6's soshmed - way to go - keep it rolling. lol 

Excuse you - I don't think so. 

Quite frankly, this is an astonishing, bizarre, weird, and downright insulting comment to make.

It seems that, now, you will have discovered another thing about how things work. Every time you use an obscene word in a post it will be substituted with the word "lollipop", which is far more friendly and less offensive. You managed to get 3 "lollipop" hits in a sentence - genius, absolutely brilliant. This is from someone who is telling me that I have "absolutely no idea how to communicate". Hmm... Looks to me that you are "racking up a nice record here of insults", to long time users of this forum. How to make friends and influence people?

I noticed that during the past 24 hours you have managed to give 10 "Downvotes" to one contributor in particular, who has been on this forum since 2006. You seem to have peevishly singled him out for a vengeful display of your childishness.

Now, for some reason, you have decided to make a personal, and threatening attack on me. Why? Because I pointed you in the right direction to manage your content. I'm baffled because you have previously commented "Very helpful info thank you - much appreciated." when I tried to assist you with the Capacitive foot switch" dilemma. You also gave me a "Upvote" for that and a second one for a response I made in your "Suddenly No Sound" thread. You really do need to get a grip on reality.

Furthermore - do you really think you can intimidate me by threatening to post yet more trivial nonsense on social media? Typical lightweight keyboard warrior. In my day whelps like you we're left on windswept frozen mountain tops to perish. You're more to be pitied than scolded.

You sign off your puerile post with "lol" - now is that to be regarded as "lots of love", or "laugh out loud", because I nearly broke a rib laughing at this drivel. 

Therefore, if you think this forum is insulting - you could try dragging your sorry a$$ over to TGP and see how well you fare.

Other than that - DILLIGAF!

On 6/13/2021 at 12:33 PM, PierM said:

...56 and counting. 

Yes, I did make a note of that, but I only listed the ones from the previous 24 hours.

I don't see how you managed to offend him, but for some reason he took to deliberately down voting almost every post you have commented on. He has marked down posts you had made long before he joined this forum on May 26th.

The guy get's people to jump through hoops to help him with his supposed Helix issues, which have shown to be mainly misunderstanding, more commonly know as  "User Error'. He then acts like a troll if anyone points out his grasp of the situation.

Some people?

Edited by datacommando
Removed attachments
  • Upvote 1

MrNoisy has been banned. Please do not engage with him if he resurfaces, as he's threatened to do via direct email to me. He will attempt to downvote PierM again. Let me know if you see this type of activity and I will take action to ban any subsequent accounts and manually reset upvote counts.

6 minutes ago, Line6Tony said:

MrNoisy has been banned. Please do not engage with him if he resurfaces, as he's threatened to do via direct email to me. He will attempt to downvote PierM again. Let me know if you see this type of activity and I will take action to ban any subsequent accounts and manually reset upvote counts.

Thank you sir.

Can we all generally refrain from snarky comments? It snowballs into all sorts of Jr. High School immature behavior from all sides.  If somebody wants to help a fellow Helix user, then just help without the "ughhhh, heeeeere we go yet again". Or simply ignore the redundant/stupid question.  Some people are slower than others. If you volunteer to act as customer support, then just help the user out.  Plus, you never know who you are dealing with here.  What if some annoying user is lead guitarist for J Lo or somebody big... lol.   Imaaaaggine, you are helping Eric Clapton set up his HelixInsert other media , would you be sounding like a smartty lollipopppp to him?  Nope.