Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

HX Stomp as K&K Trinity Preamp? (acoustic guitar)

PANDAPANDELO

Hey, everybody!

I just got myself a HX Stomp again, and I'm wondering if I could retire my K&K Trinity Preamp.

The idea is this: the preamp receives a stereo signal from the K&K Trinity (Pure Mini Pickup + Internal Microphone), and send the signal to wherever I want. I was just wondering if I could just send the stereo signal directly to the HX Stomp, via a single stereo cable, and then mix it there, with eq, etc.

Can that be done? If don't, no problem at all... I could keep my K&K Trinity Preamp and just send the already blended signal to the HX Stomp and keep the magic happening with it!

Thank you!

I don't see why not.

Split the stereo cable, put the pickup side in the Input L and the mic signal in the Return L.

Set Global Settings -> Ins/Outs -> Send/Return to Line. This sets the Return input impedance to 10kOhm which is ok for dynamic microphones.

Set the patches Input Main L/R -> In-Z to 1MOhm for best impedance for the pickup.

Then use a ReturnL block to mix in and level the mic signal.

• 5 months later...

Has this worked for anyone? I have a K&K Trinity and a Helix Floor, and am trying to do exactly this -- split the Pure Mini and the microphone from the Trinity straight into two inputs of the Helix (no external K&K preamp). The Pure Mini side works great. The microphone side (the ring signal from the TRS out of the guitar, split by my splitter) doesn't give me a signal unless I run through the K&K external preamp. I've narrowed down the possibilities to a bad splitter or my Helix is not correctly configured to accept the signal from the microphone. It would be a huge help if someone who's successfully accomplished this could share the settings that they use.

• 1 year later...

Hi, if I'm not mistaken, the K&K Trinity Microphone is a condenser microphone, and it requires, according to the K&K website, the Trinity Pro Preamp or a Quantum Blender to power the microphone. That might be why you're no getting any signal when you plug it directly into the Helix or the Stomp.