Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

HX Edit on Win 10

Andy1175

HX Edit won't run on my HP Spectre win 10 laptop, it shows up in the running programs list, but doesn't actually start.  I also have a cheap Fusion win 10 laptop, which it runs on fine.

Latest version and everything updated.  Any ideas?  Thanks.

15 minutes ago, phil_m said:

Do you have an SD card in the first laptop? That’s a somewhat common issue that causes HX Edit not to start on Windows machines.

Yes, unbelievably, that was it.  Thank you very much for your help Phil.   

Also thanks to Line 6 for the wasted last few hours of my life.  How long has this been an issue?  Will it ever be fixed?  I would quite like to use an SD card while using HX Edit, if it's not too much trouble.  apple_face-with-rolling-eyes_1f644.png

10 minutes ago, datacommando said:

Well a quick check will show that the SD Card issue has been reported quite frequently right back to August 2020, maybe longer.

So why hasn't it been fixed?  (Not asking you personally)  

I'm now having trouble restoring it to factory settings.  I'm on a rack, pushed 5 & 6 on startup but nothing seems to be happening, I have a screen with the logo telling me it will reset globals bla lba bla but it seems to have frozen  There is a red ":-28" in the top left corner, what should I do? 

15 hours ago, usedbyanr said:

They know about it (See below). You can put the SD card back in once Pod Go Edit is running so you can probably do the same. I'm pretty sure it only does the check at startup.

Thanks for that usedbyanr, yes it does seem to work OK once it's started up.  Not good from Line 6 though, they clearly should have sorted it out in one of the recent updates.