Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Backups from 3.10 not working

aklein

Hi All,

I made 2 backups prior to updating the flash firmware using HXEdit 3.11.

After flashing my helix, I hled down 8-9 and asked it to do a resotre to defualts as per the instuctions. no issue.

I then tried to load in my backup and it stops rebuilding on preset 267. (I waited 30 mins to see if it would go past)

If I turn the unit off and then on again, it skips this and continues on until the next preset it doesn't like (523), and stops there.

If i do the same thing, it skips over it and stops at (524) and so on and so forth.

I made 3 backups of my settings. 1 before upgrade on 3.10, 1 after going to hxedit 3.11 and one during the update of the helix process using HXEdit 3.11

None of my backups are rebuilding.

Any ideas??? My last upgrade to 3.10 restored no issue for that firmware, this one however, 3.11, refuses to rebuild.

2 hours ago, aklein said:

Hi All,

I made 2 backups prior to updating the flash firmware using HXEdit 3.11.

After flashing my helix, I hled down 8-9 and asked it to do a resotre to defualts as per the instuctions. no issue.

I then tried to load in my backup and it stops rebuilding on preset 267. (I waited 30 mins to see if it would go past)

If I turn the unit off and then on again, it skips this and continues on until the next preset it doesn't like (523), and stops there.

If i do the same thing, it skips over it and stops at (524) and so on and so forth.

I made 3 backups of my settings. 1 before upgrade on 3.10, 1 after going to hxedit 3.11 and one during the update of the helix process using HXEdit 3.11

None of my backups are rebuilding.

Any ideas??? My last upgrade to 3.10 restored no issue for that firmware, this one however, 3.11, refuses to rebuild.

Which HX device do you own? 

Many users had no problem with the factory reset and restore so this is quite possibly caused by something not taking with your HX Edit 3.11 install or the factory reset. Either that or it is something specific to your setlists or presets. Maybe an entire setlist got corrupted or maybe just a few corrupt presets.  Hopefully just a problem with HX Edit or the firmware though so that is where I would start. Given that none of the three backups you made are restoring properly I would probably begin by uninstalling HX Edit and doing another factory reset and downloading and reinstalling HX Edit 3.11.  

Once you do the factory reset and reinstall of HX Edit don't restore your old backup yet. If you don't have backups of your individual setlists backed up from before you can now use the 'File' --> 'Extract Files from Backup' command in HX Edit to extract all your presets into separate directories named after the setlist. You can run this against any old backup file you have. This will provide you with individual presets organized by setlist that will allow you to skip  any setlists with corrupt presets during the restore if you end up needing to do a brute force manual restore. 

So... now that you have reinstalled HX Edit 3.11 and done the global reset again you can try a normal restore from backup.  If your restore is still hanging you can do the factory reset again and use the usual 'File' --> 'Restore from Backup' command to skip the setlist(s?) with the corrupt presets. Just expand the arrow next to the  setlists in the 'Restore from Backup' dialog box. That should hopefully get most of the setlists out of the way. You can then use the presets from the setlists you extracted with the 'Extract Files from Backup' command to restore most of the setlist that is not loading and figure out which presets are causing the problems. 

If all else fails you might want to use the Updater to reflash the firmware again as well.

• Upvote 1