Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Helix Native plugin on m1 now crashes projects

krimple

Well, I gushed with enthusiasm too soon...

Everything was working somewhat well for about a week, and now I can't open the plugin at all. Nothing works. it crashes Logic Pro X every time I open a project that has the plugin - either if I had the plugin open (it crashes the project immediately) or it opens and when I open the plugin, it crashes once the pane starts being expanded.

Line6 really has to fix their M1 Mac support as most macs going forward will be using that chip.

Ken

I figured it out (I think). If you add Helix to the FX of a synth (i.e. not an audio track) it crashes. Helix can't deal with a synthesizer input apparently on the M1. I don't know if it's like that on other chips.

Interesting. It would be a good idea to let Line 6 support know about your findings. Line 6 doesn't read these forums for support info, and rely on users opening a ticket. And few of us (so far) have M1 systems to double check what you're seeing.

• 6 months later...
On 12/22/2021 at 6:39 AM, theblacktaxi said:

I just migrated to an M1 mac and looks like I have a similar issue.

Hi,

Have you tried running Native using Rosetta? Lots of other people are managing to run Logic and HX Native that way.

Also - info posted here:

Hope this helps/makes sense.

EDIT:

There is also this - (you may need to reinstall Logic)

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/253384502

Edited by datacommando
Added link to Apple