Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) while using POD HD500X

PritamPKG

I am trying to use my POD Hd500x as an audio interface. I want to use it for ableton live or FL studio also for Guitar Amp softwares like Guitar Rig, Bias FX 2, amplitube etc. In any of the DAW or Guitar Amp software when I select ASIO driver and ASIO POD Hd500x as an input and output, after some seconds the BSOD occurs. But when I select DirectSound driver with ASIO POD Hd500x as an input and output, then No BSOD problem but to get the clear sound (in guitar rig, bias FX, amplitube) I have to increase the buffer size above 1024 which cause a huge amount of latency.

My question is How can I use ASIO driver with ASIO Pod hd 500x as an input and output without any BSOD ( I am using windows 10 ) Please help. Thank you. 

Who knows maybe the advice given in the following post could help solve your problem:

--> https://line6.com/support/topic/57535-pod-hd-500x-win-10-blue-screen-bsod-fixed-for-me/

Good luck!

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

All about POD HD500/X

help and useful tips

I have an older Sony VAIO that has first generation USB 3.0 in the chipset...There are only 2 ports on it and one is 2.0 only and the other is 3.0...If I use the 3.0 port, I will get a BSOD anywhere from a few minutes to several hours...never happens on the 2.0 only port.

HD came out about the same time the earliest 3.0 capable interfaces came around and there were a lot of issues and not all USB implementations are created equally. Ideally, they would be. 

Insure that your BIOS, chipset drivers and any other motherboard firmware is up to date.

You might check your BIOS settings for things related to USB...Power management, USB 3.0, Legacy....etc....

The other thing to look at are the ports themselves on your computer. HD will generally not cooperate on ports that are on hubs...One example where this can be overlooked is using the front ports on a desktop...Most of the time, the motherboard with have an embedded hub for the front ports. Similar thing in laptops...Usually the left side with be the embedded hub to provide more ports. Sometimes this issue is as easy to solve as switching ports...just depends.