Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Auto Return in Preset Spillover mode?

jdaly

I would love to see the Preset Spillover mode have an option for Auto Return, similar to the Snapshot mode. I guess this would not be too DSP intensive, is this something the Line 6 guys can consider?

In snapshot mode there is a setting called Auto Return. If this is engaged then, for example, if you have switched on snapshot 2 and then select snapshot 4, you can then hit the snapshot 4 switch a second time and it bounces back to the previous selection, snapshot 2 in this case.  This applies to any selected snapshot, a second tap on the active switch will revert to the previous selection. This is really useful in a live environment as it as it makes navigation a little easier,as you don't have to look down so much, particularly handy if you singing, just keep your foot over the selected switch. You can still of course still select any snapshot by hitting the relevant switch if you wish. This option does not currently apply in relation to the new preset spillover setting, which uses only presets not snapshots, but it would be great addition in my view if the same approach could be provided for navigation preset changes. 

7 hours ago, jdaly said:

In snapshot mode there is a setting called Auto Return. If this is engaged then, for example, if you have switched on snapshot 2 and then select snapshot 4, you can then hit the snapshot 4 switch a second time and it bounces back to the previous selection, snapshot 2 in this case.  This applies to any selected snapshot, a second tap on the active switch will revert to the previous selection. This is really useful in a live environment as it as it makes navigation a little easier,as you don't have to look down so much, particularly handy if you singing, just keep your foot over the selected switch. You can still of course still select any snapshot by hitting the relevant switch if you wish. This option does not currently apply in relation to the new preset spillover setting, which uses only presets not snapshots, but it would be great addition in my view if the same approach could be provided for navigation preset changes. 

Ah… Well, the feature you’re talking about isn’t called Auto Return. Auto return refers to something else - namely automatically going back to the previous mode after you select a snapshot. The setting you’re talking about is under Global Settings>Preferences>Snapshot Reselect. And, yeah, there isn’t anything comparable with presets. I don’t see why it couldn’t be implemented. You should create an IdeaScale entry for it.