Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

HX STOMP split "Y" works sometimes other times I need a mono volume block on each path?

gerryCol

Hi ,

Does anyone know why sometimes in order to have a split 'Y" panned left and right panning correctly,  In some presets, If I pan hard opposite, meaning my left input I pan all the way right, it disappears unless I put a mono volume block on it??
Thank you

gerryc

I JUST learned that if you have a split Y and you have let's say just one simple EQ block on both paths Path. If you bypass that Block you no longer have a split Y working. i have a dual source acoustic Mic Left and Pickup right. I have just one simple eq on each path. When I bypassed the eq on Pickup panned hard right, the sound disappeared on the right side.

Thanks, sorry false alarm.

G

• Confused 1

Still don't know what you're on about.

I set up a preset with a split Y and a simple eq on both paths. One boosted low, one boosted high, so I could be sure what I was hearing.

Path A panned hard left, Path B hard right.

I have a guitar on Left Input, bass on Right Input.

One EQ ON one OFF, both ON, both OFF, doesn't matter, I'm still hearing signal on both paths.

Bypassing a Block doesn't block the signal, the signal simply passes through the block unaffected.

There must be something else going on in your preset. 

• Upvote 1

47 minutes ago, gerryCol said:

When I bypassed the eq on Pickup panned hard right, the sound disappeared on the right side.

I really don’t understand what’s happening - there is no way this should happen.

For example, one of my acoustic guitars is fitted with a Fishman Blend (mic and humbucker). If the signals are panned left and right then a whole bunch of different stuff can be added to each of the paths, and simply switching off one block doesn’t interfere with anything else involved.

I have no idea what you are doing to cause this, but it sure is odd. As previously noted/requested a preset example to check would probably help solve this.

Hope this helps/makes sense.

Uggh, I just restarted my computer and was all set up to record a few bars through my stereo looper and post the results with the problem and now it's working fine.
I apologize. Two months ago I put a new graphics card in my computer and my line 6 software has been acting up ever since. First of all when I boot up HX Edit it only boots up 50% of the time otherwise it says "no device connected" and I have to restart. I cannot drag presets between Helix native and Helix edit whatsoever and I can't drag presets from my desktop into Helix native. It's just a hole smorgasbord of issues. I have been driving everyone on this forum crazy because whenever I created a preset in HX Native and copied it to HX edit I knew it wasn't accurate. But that appears to be all on me. LINE 6 had requested yesterday I send them some system 32 information, they believe my graphics card is causing all these problems. I have done as many backups and global resets as possible everything had been updated and was current at least three times so I'm sure it's gotta be something with this new graphics card.

My apologies.

G

Got that right. Maybe this is a good heads up for anyone having issues like this. Just discovered, If you are using your HX stomp or Helix as your DAW interface.

And you have a graphics card capable of split monitoring. You cannot have HX EDIT on a different screen than the DAW that is using a Line 6 peripheral device as it's audio interface. And if you are using HX NATIVE in your DAW as a plug in with HX EDIT open on a different screen.....All hell breaks loose.

Line 6 is looking into it now and hopefully getting back to me tomorrow. .... Who knew? 

G