Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Line 6 Verbzilla PEDAL -- How to increase/decrease shimmer (octo) dynamically with expression pedal?

u2adrian1000

Hello,

I'm sorry if I posted this in the wrong forum.  I have no idea where to put this actually.

I actually owned a line 6 m13 , and Line 6 HXFX.  I eventually returned back to pedals.

One pedal I re-bought which I always loved was the Line 6 Verbzilla.  Old new stock.

I got one brand new just about a year ago.

It works wonderful for shimmer (octo effect) but I want to dynamically increase and decrease only the shimmer (octo) during a performance.  I don't want to increase or decrease the entire volume of my rig.

So what I'm asking is I have a Line 6 Mission Engineering control expression pedal already purchased.  Is there any way I can add it to my Verbizilla to control the range of the octo effect dynamically during a song?  It's not enough that I turn my Verbzilla on and off. I want moreso to control the degree of octo shimmer during the song, both highs and lows.

If anyone can help me I'd appreciate it.

Cheers

Adrian D'Souza

That's too bad.  Is there any reason you'd think it's still better for me to keep the verbzilla as opposed to going for a strymon big sky with expression pedal input for the shimmer effect other than price?

My current pedalboard rig consists of: Boss CS-2 , TS 808, Eventide Timefactor, Line 6 Verbzilla, Line6 Mission control Pedal 

Guitar: USA Fender Strat Special

Amp: Vox AC4C1BL

P.S. Does the Strymon Big Sky Shimmer effect work with Line 6's Mission Control Pedal?  Or would I have to replace the expression pedal too if I went that route?

As opposed to the Big Sky do you know of any cheaper and better options to replace the Verbzilla Pedal, to still get me the dynamically controlled shimmer effect I need through expression pedal input.

Cheers!

Adrian D'Souza

I bought a Big Sky.. It's great but I can't get my Line 6 Mission Engineering Pedal to control the shimmer... I set the EP to on, choose heel and setting , choose toe and setting, and save the settings but it doesn't seem to have any effect when I move the pedal from heel to toe.  Yet I can easily plug in the expression pedal into the expression jack, so naturally I feel it should work with it right?

Do I need a different expression pedal?   Which is the best one for the Big Sky?

Cheers

Adrian