Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

New to Pod Go - can someone explain the preamp-amp block

greg1476

Yes, you can either select the full amp block, which contains both the preamp and power amp modeling, or just the preamp block (which is only the preamp). There would be no reason to run a preamp block into an amp block.

Hi @phil_m  I was just wondering in what situations (other than to save some DSP) why you might opt for a pre-amp with no power-amp section & thus less tweaking flexibility, rather than a full amp model?  Just wondered if I'm missing a trick here?

2 hours ago, voxman55 said:

Hi @phil_m  I was just wondering in what situations (other than to save some DSP) why you might opt for a pre-amp with no power-amp section & thus less tweaking flexibility, rather than a full amp model?  Just wondered if I'm missing a trick here?

I think they’re mainly there for people who want to use them in going into a real power amp. I’ve also seen some people use the preamp models instead of full models for clean tones. Also, the preamp models can somewhat similar to an amp-in-the-box pedal when used as a distortion pedal in front of a real amp.

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, phil_m said:

I think they’re mainly there for people who want to use them in going into a real power amp. I’ve also seen some people use the preamp models instead of full models for clean tones. Also, the preamp models can somewhat similar to an amp-in-the-box pedal when used as a distortion pedal in front of a real amp.

Interesting, thanks Phil

On 6/25/2021 at 8:56 AM, phil_m said:

Does this also apply if you're going into the return of an effects loop of a real amp?