Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Favorite Snapshot Names

andyboylett

As most people name snapshots after parts of the song - Intro, Verse, Chorus, Solo, Middle 8, Outro - is there any chance that in a future software release these could be listed when you rename a snapshot as first options before the usual letters/numbers to save you having to write them in letter by letter all the time?

2 hours ago, andyboylett said:

As most people name snapshots after parts of the song - Intro, Verse, Chorus, Solo, Middle 8, Outro - is there any chance that in a future software release these could be listed when you rename a snapshot as first options before the usual letters/numbers to save you having to write them in letter by letter all the time?

Hi Andy,

This Is the wrong place to post any type of features request - this is a “User Group” - it’s unlikely that anybody from Line 6 will ever see it in here.

This link is where you need to go to have any hope of it been seen by someone from Line 6, who maybe able to make it happen:

https://line6.ideascale.com/a/index

Before posting any  new ideas, please do a search to see if it's already been listed by anyone else. Multiple requests for the same thing will thin out the votes. Also, post any or all your ideas one at a time. Many users don’t vote for combined suggestions.

You should use this thread (link below) to let other users know what your suggestions are, with links to IdeaScale, so they can vote on it if they wish.

Hope this helps/makes sense.

3 hours ago, andyboylett said:

Type the name changes in HX Edit instead of doing it on the unit itself one letter at a time... you could rename multiple snapshots in less time than it took you to type that post.

• Upvote 1

Hi Andy

Whilst not the 'fix' you're looking for - an option is to create a template you use to create your patches with those snapshot names already in it.

That might sound a bit weird, but over time I've found I prefer a standard order to my snapshots to make stage work easier, and that they are generally the same name. Where I rename one it will be for a very specific purpose.

I also have a preferred layout for my paths (position of classes of effects and amps and cabs and my I/O) which is also included in the template with compnents acting as place holders. This simplified my worklow significantly and makes patch creation very fast. YMMV.

• Upvote 2

16 hours ago, waymda said:

Hi Andy

Whilst not the 'fix' you're looking for - an option is to create a template you use to create your patches with those snapshot names already in it.

That might sound a bit weird, but over time I've found I prefer a standard order to my snapshots to make stage work easier, and that they are generally the same name. Where I rename one it will be for a very specific purpose.

I also have a preferred layout for my paths (position of classes of effects and amps and cabs and my I/O) which is also included in the template with compnents acting as place holders. This simplified my worklow significantly and makes patch creation very fast. YMMV.

Yep, as Waymda suggested, you'll want to combine anything that you find yourself repeatedly doing in most presets/snapshots into a "template" which is just a baseline preset to start with. Copy it into the intended destination as your starting point whenever you design a new preset, rename it,  and save yourself time on repetitive tasks. You can also make good use of the Favorites and Defaults for inserting blocks that have your settings already dialed in.

• Upvote 1