Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Pod Go - Amp Access

django42

Hi, is there a possibility with Pod Go to have an direct access to the ampcontrols like the amp-button in the helix or do I have to scroll there every time I want to edit the amp parameters. With the effects I do have a direct access when pressing the dedicated footswitch. Thnx for your replies ... Joern :)

If you save your patch with the amp model highlighted, when you open the patch it will give you the amp controls.  But there's no 'permanent' amp control feature in Pod Go.  The Zoom G11 has independent amp controls, which is an excellent feature if you are a gigging player:

zoom-g11_1_GIT0053523-000.jpg

Btw you should definitely be controlling the go via PGO Edit if you aren't, makes things way more practical.  Then, if you do need to change some settings on the fly, you should do it via snapshots, or less-recommended solution of binding values to a button; which you can do; for instance, you can bind changing the drive of a distortion pedal, gain and volume on amp on a single footswitch.  So what you're attempting to do 'live' by scrolling can likely be achieved via footswitch assignment; but snapshot is just the superior function imho.

Otherwise, yeah, selecting amp before saving will work, but if you press a footswitch you'll lose your amp selection and be back to manually selecting amp + scrolling.  So yeah, snapshots!