Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Expression Pedal Used As Volume Issue

amcfarlin1

I've been having a problem trying to use my Dunlop DVP3 Expression Pedal as a Volume pedal in the effects loop of my HX Effects.

The problem is that when the heel is fully down the volume is at 0% (which is how it should be) but then when I push the pedal halfway forward the volume is at 100%, then finally as I continue rocking the DVP3 forward all the way to the toe position the volume goes down to 0%.

So I start at 0%, then halfway through it hits 100%, then all the way pressed forward the volume is back down to 0%. Not sure why its doing this. Anyone have ideas how to fix it?

Setup Details:

From the "EXP" jack on the DVP3 it connects to the Pedal jack (channel 1) on the HX Effects.

In HX Edit:

• Created a Volume Block and assigned Exp Pedal 1 to it.
  • Min Value is set to 0%
  • Max Value is set to 100%
  • Set to "Position"
  • Linear (not logarithmic)

The pedal has probably has a TRS connection and helix expects TS. You may either need to build a special TRS-TS cable or do some soldering in the pedal. You can also try only pushing the cable into the first “click” on the pedal, not all the way. Some pedals may also have internal dip switches you can try to change setting with. 

21 hours ago, amcfarlin1 said:

I've been having a problem trying to use my Dunlop DVP3 Expression Pedal as a Volume pedal in the effects loop of my HX Effects.

The problem is that when the heel is fully down the volume is at 0% (which is how it should be) but then when I push the pedal halfway forward the volume is at 100%, then finally as I continue rocking the DVP3 forward all the way to the toe position the volume goes down to 0%.

So I start at 0%, then halfway through it hits 100%, then all the way pressed forward the volume is back down to 0%. Not sure why its doing this. Anyone have ideas how to fix it?

Setup Details:

From the "EXP" jack on the DVP3 it connects to the Pedal jack (channel 1) on the HX Effects.

In HX Edit:

• Created a Volume Block and assigned Exp Pedal 1 to it.
  • Min Value is set to 0%
  • Max Value is set to 100%
  • Set to "Position"
  • Linear (not logarithmic)

This comes up on such a regular basis I just wish there was a “sticky” post with the answer, but hey…

Check this post to stop me having to go over everything again.

https://line6.com/support/topic/60849-expression-pedal-working-but-only-does-0-or-100-nothing-in-between/?tab=comments#comment-388926

Hope this helps/makes sense.

• Upvote 1