Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Wet Dry Wet

Mattylsee

I've never done it before but you need to split your signal path in the HX Stomp, sending one to the effects loop send and onto the Iridium input (for your dry sound), the other to the HX outputs (for your stereo wet sounds)

The split would need to be after any HX pedals/effects you want to go to both the HX amp and the Iridium, the HX amp/cab/IR directly after the path split and your wet effect(s) after the HX amp/cab/IR

I'm not sure of the actual signal path split settings or any global settings that would need to be changed but that is the logic - you won't be able to use the HX Stomp's effects loop as an actual loop, just a third output (don't know if this can be stereo or just mono) for your signal chain

On 6/25/2021 at 8:49 PM, Mattylsee said:

Looking for anyone who setup a Wet Dry Wet rig with the Stomp and a Strymon Iridium. How did you do it? How can it be done? 

Hi,

You may want to have a look at this to see if it gets you close to what you want.

Hope this helps/makes sense.

You can do wet/dry with HX Stomp but without the second signal path as is found on the full sized Helix and also without the auxiliary input I don't see how wet/dry/wet could be achieved.

Possibly with a second HX Stomp in series?  That's the only thing I can think of at the moment.  Maybe something else will come to me later.   I'm not entirely sure if this idea would work but if the mono signal out of the first Stomp was split somehow, maybe with an A/B/Y box, you could run all your center channel sounds through the first one and then run your stereo f/x into the sides using the second Stomp with the duplicate signal coming from the A/B/Y.  I think "theoretically" that could work.  Obviously there would be more toe-tapping involved than there would be with a single unit like a Helix Floor/Rack.

Either Iridium in the loop

Wiring:
guitar -> InL: stomp L    -> Amp left  wet
                     R    -> Amp right wet
                     SendL-> Amp dry
Iridium-> ReturnR    SendR-> Iridium

Patch:
o-----------LoopR------SendL----StereoFX-----o
(guitar)  (Iridium)    (Dry)                (wet) 

or mono mix out

Wiring:
guitar -> InL: stomp L    -> Amp left  wet
                     R    -> Amp right wet
                     SendL-> Amp dry
                     SendR-> Amp + FX mono

Patch:
o----------SendL----StereoFX------------o
                              |       (wet) 
                               ---SendR  
(guitar)   (Dry)                (mono mix)