Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

looking for anyone who is using this for violin

kjbllc123

I recorded violin on this song... no real effects, just used it as a DI / interface.   because it was during the pandemic and we were recording songs remotely....

Here I just plugged in the violin with the piezo pickup into the Helix.  I think I EQ'ed it a little bit.   But it was very much DIY....

There are around 10 different parts.  It's a fake string quartet: 3 violins + a violin with "octave" strings.  Then there are 2 pizz parts, and some other variations. 

I do, but I'm just starting. Got my Helix rack ca a month ago. I've got an NS Design Wav5 violin and do plenty of electronic m. with Ableton Live.

As I said, just startin with Helix but I already find it very useful and convenient.

There are a couple violin players in my area that use the HX Stomp....

As a multi instrumentalist I use my Helix LT for everything. Electrics, acoustics, mandolin, dobro, banjo, etc... etc... If  I could play violin I'd most certainly feed it through the LT. 

• Upvote 1

@kjbllc123 you may want to also post your inquiry to the massive Line 6 Helix Thread in the Digital and Modeling Forum on TheGearPage.net  For some reason I seem to recollect reading posts in the massive thread from at least one violinist using the Helix from several years ago. 

• Upvote 1

You should check out Alex Price’s presets and Youtube videos. He is a good guitarist and also plays the violin. He is very knowledgeable when it comes to the Helix and makes good presets. In his “big bundle” there are lots of presets made specifically for violin, both electrical and acoustic.

https://www.alexpricemusician.com/helix

• Upvote 1

• 9 months later...

I may be too late. But yes I do too. I wonder if it’s possible to set up a violin user group somehow? 

On 7/3/2019 at 6:57 PM, datacommando said:

Yes, just replace them with empty presets or overwrite them with your own patches, but save a back up in case you decide to try them later.

• Confused 1

On 4/9/2022 at 8:54 AM, Trotsky2602 said:

I may be too late. But yes I do too. I wonder if it’s possible to set up a violin user group somehow? 

Hi,

Huh?

My comment is from a completely different discussion two years earlier than this thread, and has no connection to Helix violin players AFAIK.

I'm not sure how, or why, I was quoted in this thread, but it did make me look?

Judging from the amount of responses since the original first post back in June 2021, it doesn't appear to be a hot topic. Although there is at least one bassoon player who posts in here occasionally, so I wouldn't be surprised at anything that happens in here.

Hope this helps/makes sense.

Someone suggested visiting a larger, more diverse, musical forum. Because common sense would dictate that a niche forum like this for a niche product like this...

it is not going to have a horde of violin users hanging out sipping tea together. 

However, yes, these products are being used by violinists. 

• Upvote 2

• 1 year later...

i am violinist who just started to use helix lt and it works amazing!!! i now a few violinists who usung that 

check mat bell from electric violun shop he has an amazing presets to that and he using this in all performances he does

• 6 months later...

Yes, just to echo the fact that I use if for Viola in a folk band and for fiddle in a Southern Rock/Country band. It works a treat though I probably need to play around with other preamps etc. I play guitar too and love how I can plug EVERYTHING into the Helix floor and not have to mess about plugging/unplugging stuff during a gig. I use it with a PowerCab Plus for the strings with a flat response speaker set, then out of the PC+ into the desk. 

The amount of effects you can get for the fiddles are truly staggering and a good 70% of the in-built guitar pedals work fine for the fiddle too. Just play around with it and you'll soon find the frequencies that work best for you (and your band). I'm a massive Helix fan; I can honestly say its saved so much hassle and back-problems from lugging heavy gear about!