Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Effects in position 3 & 4 seem to have no effect?

Kenny202

New user, just received my Pod go yesterday. Setting up a patch and selected effects for the first two positions. I turned the amp and cab off as I don't want them. Then started to add effects to the last 2 positions and can select FX and adjust ok but they are not having any effect on the output. 

I am just using the Pod plugged straight into the front of my amp. I have the leads plugged in guitar in and amp out. Would it have anything to do with the way the effects loop setting (on the patch) is in the chain? What do I need to have that set up as so I have one effect chain in the Pod Go and its not looking for an external loop? Or do I need a jumper cable or something in the effects loop input/output? Any help appreciated

21 hours ago, Kenny202 said:

I think I may have found the problem, in Global settings Amp out setting was set to Cab / IR, apparently I need that to main out. Strange that would be set like that as default?

Not strange but perfectly logical because most users will use an amp with a cab or IR, and only a relative few will use it for fx only.  Amp/cab modelling is the primary reason why folk buy the Pod Go - for those that don't want amp/cab/IR Pod Go isn't ideal and the HX FX is likely to be the better option as It's more powerful than Pod Go & can give all the Helix FX from the latest Helix firmware upgrade inc and allow many more FX in your chain than Pod Go. It has capacitive touch buttons and scribble strips, stereo in and out, dual effects loops, two external control outs, MIDI, five polyphonic effects, 12-string emulation, and a shuffling looper.   Enhancements include a Favourites model list for amp and effect edits (as well as footswitch assignments), the ability to save default settings for every amp, cab, or effect block, and your custom settings appear every time you load the block.

And price wise it's the same price or even a bit cheaper than Pod Go.