Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Drivers Pod Studio UX2 macOS Big Sur

Hello, 

I don't find any drivers for my line 6 pod studio UX2 (I have a macOS Big Sur). I would like knowing if is it possible that someone help me with a link to download drivers ....? I am so sad to not play music without my line 6 UX2, it's really complicated to me. 

Thanks in advance, 

Sincerly, 

Guillaume

• Upvote 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I am beginning to doubt if Line6 will even be updating the drivers for the UX2 for Big Sur for Macbook users. They still sell them on the website so you'd think they would do it. It would be nice if they would say one way or the other but it doesn't look like they're going to even do that. Big Sur has been out for a long time now and no updates have been generated by Line6. I have read Big Sur is a complete code re-do so it may be a complex activity to re-code the drivers but it would be nice to at least know if they're working on it. I never updated from Catalina so I can still use mine. There may be a way you can downgrade from Big Sur to Catalina if your UX2 is that important to you. It is important enough to me not to upgrade to Big Sur after all this time.

• 1 month later...

After you finish the installation of the drivers you will receive confirmation that everything is installed correctly, but the unit still won't work. This is because is not an Apple product and you will need to manually authorize the installation. Go to system preferences and open the security and privacy tab. On the "allow apps downloaded from" tab click the padlock and allow the Line 6 installation. It worked for me on a Mac Pro with Big Sur installed.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

It works in Big Sur. Install Line 6 Audio Midi Driver 7.6.8.dmg and like mentioned by sebastiansantos, "Go to system preferences and open the security and privacy tab. On the "allow apps downloaded from" tab click the padlock and allow the Line 6 installation"

Once you've done that, reboot and it will work. I started another guitar software (apparently we're not worthy of Pod 2 Farm license) and it's working flawlessly.

• Thanks 1

On 10/31/2021 at 5:51 AM, tomic said:

It works in Big Sur. Install Line 6 Audio Midi Driver 7.6.8.dmg and like mentioned by sebastiansantos, "Go to system preferences and open the security and privacy tab. On the "allow apps downloaded from" tab click the padlock and allow the Line 6 installation"

Once you've done that, reboot and it will work. I started another guitar software (apparently we're not worthy of Pod 2 Farm license) and it's working flawlessly.

Ok but where do I find that? It's not anywhere that I can find.

• Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...

Holy heck, ^^^that worked!^^^.  Line6... you guys need to create a how-to that's easily found when searching because the while you can't use Line6 Monkey to get the audio driver needed for Big Sur support, manually installing Midi Driver 7.6.8.dmg worked like a charm.  

On 11/26/2021 at 4:11 PM, davedelv said:

Holy heck, ^^^that worked!^^^.  Line6... you guys need to create a how-to that's easily found when searching because the while you can't use Line6 Monkey to get the audio driver needed for Big Sur support, manually installing Midi Driver 7.6.8.dmg worked like a charm.  

On Mac m1?

• 6 months later...
  • 6 months later...