Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Line 6 updater does not work with Windows 10

jet460

I have not touched my Helix in over 2 years, because after buying a new computer with W10, the updater does not show any devices connected.
I attached a screenshot.

I was told this was a common issue with some people.

I figured at some point an update would have fixed that.
More than 2 years later, I still cannot update this thing,or use the editor, or do anything with it really other than play through it.
Anybody else have this issue?
I am the farthest thing from a computer nerd, so I have no idea what to do here.
The computer is a brand new dell laptop, that works perfectly with everything else.

Line 6 updater.png

Did you install HX Edit? That is the preferred way to do the updates now. Also, when you install HX Edit, the applicable drivers will be installed. Without the drivers, the software won’t recognize the hardware.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, jet460 said:

I have been told by literally everyone,including line 6, that the updater is the first thing to install.

Nope… The HX Edit app actually contains Line 6 Updater, so ideally, you should never really have to run Updater on its own. The HX Edit installation package will install HX Edit, Line 6 Updater, and all the drivers. So that’s the only thing you need to manually download from the Line 6 site.

The update process did change awhile ago, but Line 6 Updater was never the first thing you needed to download.

35 minutes ago, jet460 said:

I have been told by literally everyone,including line 6, that the updater is the first thing to install.

That's a thing of the past.

Today, just follow the Phil advice, and install the HX Edit app. It will install everything you need to communicate with Helix (drivers), to update the firmware and to make/edit/download/upload the patches from/to your unit.

Just carefully read all the instructions before to proceed, and everything should be fine.