Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

DT25 amp modes use DH500x effects only

ivansdogg

It’s possible, but why? The amp models in the DT are the same as what’s in the DT. I guess I’m assuming you’re using L6 Link.

If you’re not using L6 Link, you can just treat the DT like any other amp connect via 4 cable method. You’d just need to bypass the amp/cab block in the HD500X.

Thanks for the quick reply. I like the DT25 amp sound as a stand alone combo. I had been using the DT25 with individual pedals with a footswitch to switch between A and B on the amp. I then purchased a HD500x board thinking I could use all four of the DT amp modes and effects and not the modeled amps. At the moment I am using L6 link. Seemed like a good idea.

Anyway I'll check out the four cable method. (not crazy about more cables tho...) . I haven't seen a "bypass the amp" just an "amp disabled". I'm assuming its the same thing.

Thanks and thanks too for being so expeditious....

The 4 cable method (4cm) is not for me.... I like the DT25 amp modes (I,II, III and IV, channels A/B, pentode, triode, class) that I create. So is there a way to save those setting? Or is there a DT25 amp model in the modeled amps? I have not seen one anyway.... if not they need one....

thanks in advance

Thank you.

I checked out the link and it does what I'm asking and what you stated …. but it said "the downside"  is its only edible thru midi and your computer..... I'm thinkin not so much for live and on the fly.... I bought my HD500x used. I'm positive its not been upgraded..... I've never upgraded anything on line....gonna have to check that out and investigate more about DT edit. In the meantime i'll need to start experimenting to find a suitable amp model.

Again thank you for your time and effort.

4 hours ago, ivansdogg said:

Thanks for the quick reply. I like the DT25 amp sound as a stand alone combo. I had been using the DT25 with individual pedals with a footswitch to switch between A and B on the amp. I then purchased a HD500x board thinking I could use all four of the DT amp modes and effects and not the modeled amps. At the moment I am using L6 link. Seemed like a good idea.

Anyway I'll check out the four cable method. (not crazy about more cables tho...) . I haven't seen a "bypass the amp" just an "amp disabled". I'm assuming its the same thing.

Thanks and thanks too for being so expeditious....

I probably should have been a little more clear. If you connect the 500X to the DT with an L6 Link cable, you can use the preamp models on the 500X, and then use the actual tube power amp section from the DT. This is kind of the whole point of the HD/DT integration. You can change the voicing and topology of the DT directly from the 500X, and this information become part of the 500X preset. So that’s why I was saying there’s no advantage to using the amp (really preamp) models on the DT.

Also, with DT Edit, you can load the A/B channels using the midi connected to your computer.  Once disconnected or DT power off, it retains the settings until you change them (no need for Midi).

I like using the DT25 on it's own also.  It's a great amp, and I love the tones.

When I used the HD500x with the DT25 via L6L, I got all confused at first.  Once I figured out that the preamps and reverbs in the DT25 are exactly the same as what's in the HD500, I figured out to use DTEdit to find out what the default preamps were for each of the 4 topoligies, and then just used the associated preamps or full amps in the HD500.  Most of the time, I use the full amp model because I'm not playing loud enough most of the time to saturate the power section, and I get more control from the HD500.

It's important to get your HD500 and DT up to the most recent firmware levels.  When you do, you get even more options.  You can pair any of the preamps/amps in the HD500 with the power amp configurations.  It's quite remarkable and should sound the same as you hear from the DT25 standalone if you match everything up.

Hope you get it worked out.