Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Variax 700 board in a 500?

Hello,

I'm hoping someone out there will know the answer to this. I have a Variax 500 which stopped working soon after a puff of smoke cam out of the back of it (after I wired a new battery clip the wrong way). Stragely it kept going for another few weeks after that when powered by the external box. Unfortunately now it is a silent piece of wood :-(

Anyway, I have an opportunity to purchase a main board from a Variax 700 electric. Would it be compatible as a replacement? My existing (non-functioning) board is an MG1 REV F (P/N 35-00-0137) and has a ribbon connector, a 32 pin main connector, an 8-pin and a 2-pin connector. I can see by the photo of the 700 board that some of the screw holes are different, but that shouldn't be an issue.

Thank you in advance,

Steve

No, they are not compatible. Different hardware and different program. They are NOT interchangeable.

BTW, that's the wrong part number, that's the number for an un-stuffed board, try 50-00-0137. I don't see

any on the Full Compass website. You may need to try a broader web search.