Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Pod Go and headrush frfr

scottbalcer14

I love the sound of my pod go through headphones, and recently purchased the headrush frfr108 speaker. im not sure if im doing something wrong but pod go sounds thin not full sounding like it normally does through heaphones. i also have the headrush gigboard which i use through the same speaker which sounds great. any settings for the pod go that i should be adjusting while running it through this speaker?

My Pod Go and FRFR108 sound terrific together. What type of cable are you using to connect them? I'd recommend you dont use a regular instrument cable.  The correct cable (1/4 "balanced") makes all the difference!  

I second the cable reference from voxman55. Big difference using balance cables out from the PodGo to the Headrush and the contour set to flat on both vs. instrument cables. I have two I run in stereo using balanced cables and it sounds great! Just for reference, I have a Line 6 Spider IV HD 150 head and 4x12 cab, an EVH Stealth LBX and 1x12 cab as well and I think the Headrush and PodGo combo have a great sound. Not running any particular high end guitars either - stock EVH striped series, Jackson Soloist (1991) with Dimebag Duncan at the bridge, ESP LTD GL Kami4 (stock), ESP LTD KH-602 (stock), a Mexican Fender STD Strat S/S/HB (stock), 77 Fender Tele (stock), an ovation elec/acoustic and a new Kramer 84 (stock for now) - nothing special there and it all sounds great through the Pod and HR rig...

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Unfortinately After 4 months of only having the headrush frfr108 i went to turn it on and nothing. i checked fuses ect so im assuming it was the speaker itself but been hearing alot of other people having same issue with the speaker just quitting on them. so im assuming thats why the sound wasnt very good through the speaker cause the pod sounds great through my studio monitors.

On 8/30/2021 at 9:48 PM, scottbalcer14 said:

Unfortinately After 4 months of only having the headrush frfr108 i went to turn it on and nothing. i checked fuses ect so im assuming it was the speaker itself but been hearing alot of other people having same issue with the speaker just quitting on them. so im assuming thats why the sound wasnt very good through the speaker cause the pod sounds great through my studio monitors.

Hopefully, should still be under warranty

• 3 weeks later...

Related question,

With a single FRFR108, should I run 2 TRS cables, one into each input of the speaker?  I ask because Pod Go delays and mods etc run only in stereo.

My flangers and Chorus sound just  ok in the Headrush...wonder it it will sound better.

tg

I use a couple of Headrush FRFR 112 with my Pod Go, but as it was mentioned before, you need to use TRS cables to connect them. Also is a good advice to turn off the countour on the speakers if you're not using them at low volume.