Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

PODHD500X: Can I tune while looping?

btmlinedan

hey everyone! I'm loving my pod hd500x, but was hoping I could find a solution to this problem. I'm wanting to loop a riff, then while the riff is playing through the PA, tune the guitar via the pedal board. My goal is this is to make sure i'm in tune for the next song (or change tunings) without having any dead audio.  Anytime I hold the tuner button it stops the loop. Is there a way to change this? I see there is a bypass mode in the tuner pedal but doesn't give me the desired results. 

Some of my guitars have on board tuners where I could use them while the loop is still going, but not all my acoustics have this feature. 

Does anyone have any ideas? 

-dk

6 hours ago, btmlinedan said:

Anytime I hold the tuner button it stops the loop. Is there a way to change this? I see there is a bypass mode in the tuner pedal but doesn't give me the desired results.

No, there is not a way to change the above behavior.

Every time you engage the tuner it stops the looper playback and furthermore it erases all loops recorded.

If you need a tuner during looper mode you have to use an external device.

The tuner bypass mode (as opposed to mute mode) is to let the unprocessed guitar signal passing through the outputs so you can hear it while tuning the strings.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

All about POD HD500/X

help and useful tips

• 2 weeks later...