Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Helix input don't work

marcoerc76

Good evening everyone, I am writing to ask for your help and opinion. Tonight while playing my standard variax with the helix floor using its dedicated cable, I received a knock on the variax cable attached to the guitar. From that moment there was no power to the variax and it stopped playing. So I took another guitar and plugged it in but I noticed that this one didn't work either. Basically it is as if the helix input signal just doesn't get to whatever input you try to use. I tried several restarts and obviously checked the cable and guitar which were ok. So my question is, could a hit on the variax cable have caused similar damage and what could have happened to the helix? I state that looking at the Helix everything seems to work perfectly and no message appears in any way. I hope you can help me or give me some advice as well as obviously hearing assistance.
Thanks everyone in advance.

I have to ask the obvious, because I don't see you mention it in any way....

Since your VDI port took a hit and the Variax stopped working.... are those presets set to VDI input only? Double check the input settings! 

Failing that, I'd do a factory reset as suggested above by @rd2rk

• Upvote 1

Yes i used a preset  set to vdi only for variax. Today i make a factory reset but the problem is always here. No signal input or noise for using final on the helix. I don't know the problem and now i have fear about it. I try with my guitar with jack and headphones with stock preset, on the helix it's all okfor my eyes, all control are ok and the switches too.