Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

G10s Constant Dropouts at gigs

nlofendo

My G10S is completely unusable on stage. I'm Trying to figure out what to do with it as I cant return it as I am now past the 45 day return period. Tried everything at the venues, turned of 2.4GHZ wifi on our mixer router but still cant get 10 feet from the base that's on the front of the stage at my pedalboard. Line 6 tech support says its interference from my other guitar player using a G30 that is on RF1. I asked him to change to RF2 but he has an older model that has RF1 only and is not willing to send it in and pay. When using the G10S at home it works decent outside away from my house, but when inside my house (at least 20 feet from my router or access points and no G30 Running) it is better than "on stage" but still drops out at about 20 feet if I turn my back. Totally unacceptable and not a useable wireless device. Every venue has 2.4GHZ wifi. This unit needs to be able to perform around other 2.4GHZ devices as other manufacturers devices are able to. Line 6 support offered to exchange it for a G30 so I can run on RF1. The G30 costs $200 or less these days and I have way more than that invested as I bought the G10s and an additional 2nd gen transmitter. Does anyone have any inside information that an update may be coming soon that will allow RF1 to be used or possibly something else that would make this usable in the "Real World" with 2.4GHZ wifi signals everywhere?

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/9/2021 at 1:07 PM, nlofendo said:

Does anyone have any inside information that an update may be coming soon that will allow RF1 to be used or possibly something else that would make this usable in the "Real World" with 2.4GHZ wifi signals everywhere?

The only ones with "inside info" are the folks on the inside... and they ain't talking. They never do. But don't bet the farm on any wholesale changes to the unit's basic functionality. I seriously doubt that what you're asking for could be accomplished via a firmware update anyway. Besides, after the last "update" that neutered the battery life, these things are barely functional anyway. If it's not working for you, I'd look into something else. 

2 hours ago, cruisinon2 said:

The only ones with "inside info" are the folks on the inside... and they ain't talking. They never do. But don't bet the farm on any wholesale changes to the unit's basic functionality. I seriously doubt that what you're asking for could be accomplished via a firmware update anyway. Besides, after the last "update" that neutered the battery life, these things are barely functional anyway. If it's not working for you, I'd look into something else. 

Thanks for the reply... I hear ya... I spoke to Line 6 again and even he said they aren't privy to upcoming updates/fixes. I did confirm that my G10S is completely unusable around a G30 or G50 Relay that is running on RF1 as I borrowed my guitar players unit and it literally knocks my signal out completely. I also borrowed my other guitarists G50 (that can be changed from RF1 to RF2) and tested it with the same results. Any Relay unit running RF1 on the same stage kills the G10S and causes drops outs from more than 5-10 feet from the base unit. I asked line 6 to exchange my G10s and two transmitters for a G50.... We'll see what transpires as he escalated my request to his superiors.