Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

HX Stomp: Expression Pedal Confusion

galbur

Hi

I have a Mini-Pedalboard with an external FS for Bypassing all Effects and an Expression-Pedal for Volume and Wah Wah effects.

It was a nice piece of work to get this to work. I configured the switch quickly, but the expression pedal is difficult.
The first thing I noticed was that the Zoom Expression Pedal works in reverse. Press down = softly, press up = loud. Then I found a Youtube clip that helped. Swap the Min and Max positions under Bypass / Controller Assign, (Min 100% / Max 100%).

Is there no way to make this setting globally?

Then I tried to test the different Wha Wah effects. First I always had to switch from Exp 1 to Exp 2 under Bypass / Controller Assign when i choose a Wah Wah. Then came the swapping of Min and Max as described above. To be on the safe side, I'll save the preset. Then I want to go to the next Wah Wah Effect. Funny: All settings are reset. So, reset everything and save again.

Now I wanted to go back to the already tested wah wah for control.

Unfortunately all (Controller Assign) settings are reset. I'm angry, but then I have an idea. There is a user default command. With that I could set all wah wahs correctly and save them as user default. Thought wrong.

User Default only saves the edit settings, not those under Bypass / Controller Assign. Grr ...

I love the HX Stomp, its sound and its possibilities. But sometimes I also despair of the operating concept.

Are there any easier ways to get things going?

Thank you Christoph