Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

BTW: USB C and Sonic Port...?

Is it now conceivable to operate a Sonic Port on an iPad with a USB-C port? Or does Line 6 want to avoid releasing a suitable cable/adapter? After all, the Sonic Port is still available in the current portfolio....

• 6 months later...

I am now working with my new IPAD Pro 3.Gen (USB-C/USB-4). So I am no longer able to use my Sonic Port.
I already tried to use the ANKER USB-C/Lightning converter cable, but the sonic port device is not recognized by the new IPAD

can anybody recommend a converter cable to continue using the sonic port?

Thx guenter

• 1 year later...

So, it’s almost end of 2023, and because of the new iPhones using USB-C, Apple just released their own lightning to USB-C adapter.

I am not able to test, as where I live there’s no Apple store in this country, and ordering from other country to risk not working, for to return and pay return shipping is complicated. So, anyone around here would test out the new Apple adapter?

https://www.apple.com/shop/product/MUQX3AM/A/usb-c-to-lightning-adapter?fnode=93749e69cbfaec7350978ad5e156238d8880430b3b50250e57b16e3f43d41c264a9baef89404e1da4400b44f9e82b8eff1ab0b99147dcbc056cfd67f6e4db732c085cb731a7d46e9abab0cbfe6530cda8dec3d6d6e6cc1385b01a5168435278ebe0cd52360daea24aae2e7616de8a152

• 4 months later...

I also have an iPad Air with USB C and an older Sonic Port (not VX). Apple released their own MFI certified USB C to Lightning adapter last year (2023), which is supposed to work for charging, data and music. I have only been able to find one reference online saying it worked with "an old Sonic Port". Does anyone know if this new adapter works with a Sonic Port (non-VX) and a USB C iPad? It cost 49 Australian dollars over here, so I want to be sure it works before spending the money. The Mobile Pod software does download to the iPad and the demo files do work, so it is the physical connection to the interface that is missing.  Thanks in advance for any help you can give me.